. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 .

𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐩𝐬

・。。・゜☆゜・。。・

The team and their Coach along with Adam stood on the left side of the room, waiting for the meeting to start. Varsity stood on the other and students or parents stood by the doors, in the middle of the room sat at a table was the board and other important people who helped instate their scholarships.

" Do I have a motion for reconsideration?" Dean Buckley asked. The board stayed quiet through the whole thing. The team had hopeful faces but when they saw no one say anything, that hope died down real quick. " I'm sorry, coach, but unless there's a motion from a board member and a second, the decision must stand."

The team all stood straighter with confidence knowing what was coming next. They all looked at Rick seeing him smirking and snickering with his friends. With a swift roll of her eyes, Madisyn threw the finger up at Rick right when he looked back in their direction.

" You leave us no choice...but to bring in our attorney." Orion told Dean.

The doors opened and in waltzed Gordon Bombay with a suit and briefcase. Madisyn smiled and the rest of the team smirked at him.

" Dean Buckley, members of the board. As a counsel for Coach Orion and the freshman hockey team, I am here today to set forth your legal options so that you can make the best possible decision for all parties concerned." Bombay told them. Madisyn chuckled.

" Mr. Bombay, this isn't a legal proceeding." Headmaster confessed, confused at the man's antics.

" It will be." Madisyn snickered as the eyes of the board drew towards her. She gave them all a dashing smile and they returned to look at Bombay.

" What Madisyn said. It will be. Do you mind?" Bombay handed the briefcase to Buckley and grabbed a signed contract that all the Ducks had signed. " These scholarships, an offer, became a binding contract upon the signatures of the recipients and acceptance by the Ducks. They cannot void except for cause, which I guarantee you, you have none. Should you decide to pursue their cancellation? I will slap you with an injunction. I will tie this matter up for years in court until long after these kids have gone to college and I will collect damages and I will win. Because I am very, very good. Wanna know why I am so good? Because I had a good education. You gave it to me, and you're going to give it to these kids." Bombay told them, full confidence He was really all in. 

Madisyn heard Charlie and Orion whispering but she was focused on taunting Rick and Cole to their deaths. They were already glaring at her.

" Now some of you may be snobbish enough to believe that these ducks don't belong at Eden Hall. But let me tell you, you are dead wrong. These are remarkable young people. You give them their full shot and I promise you, they will succeed. Not only on the ice but in classrooms as well," Bombay informed. He looked over at Madisyn who was looking at the ground. " Take Madisyn McKinning for an example."

Madisyn looked up at him, alarmed and he smiled at her. She gave him one back.

" Madisyn has a four point zero GPA. She excels in every single classroom she steps foot in. Madisyn helps tutor her whole team with mathematics, sciences, history studies, you name it, she can help you with it," Bombay spoke, looking at the girl with a proud gleam in his eyes.

Madisyn was flattered but confused on how Bombay knew the information about her. She looked over at her team and saw a smirk on Charlie's face. Of course it was Charlie. Murmurs were heard through the board and through the audience watching the proceeding.

Bombay wasn't done speaking yet, " In her second semester, she plans to take three grade ten classes, out of her four classes during the day. You have seen her on the ice. She is one, if not, the best player with an average of five or more points a game. Don't take away her passion."

" These people are my friends. And I know what they can do. Accordingly, I demand that you reinstate their scholarships. For their benefit and for your own." Bombay finally closed off with those final words. He came over to the team and shook hands with Orion.

The board all started whispering which made all the Ducks smile in hopes. They could see Varsity smiles fade away and their faces turned dreadful.

" I move that the scholarships be reinstated." A lady in a red jacket spoke up first. This made the hopeful smiles on their faces only grow more.

Dean asked for a second. A guy raised his hand, then many followed after that. " Scholarships reinstated."

" YES!" Madisyn yelped, throwing her hands up and turning around to the team.

The Ducks all gave a big group hug before everyone broke off into small hugs. Madisyn went towards Julie and hugged her tightly, not wanting to let go. After they let go Madisyn went to Charlie next. Charlie wrapped his arms around her waist and they squeezed each other hard. 

" Thank god for you, Bombay!" Madisyn praised as she went over to hug her old Coach. He bashfully waved her off and developed the girl in a hug.

While Bombay went to talk to the team, Madisyn quickly found Adam. He was walking to the entrance. She grabbed his arm and turned him around. She smiled sheepishly. He smiled back and brought her in for a hug.

" Well Banksie. Looks like you're gonna have to go back to J.V." Madisyn teased as they let go.

Adam chucked and messed up his hair a bit. " Looks like we'll be playing together again."

" Don't take my number one spot now." Madisyn teased, the grin on her face growing with each second she spoke to him.

Adam placed his hand on his heart and shook his head, a smirk hanging on his lips. " I could never."

Madisyn let out a shrug and they walked out to the team and Varsity going at it. Again.

" Listen, you guys had an unfair advantage last time. You had one of us: Banksie." Charlie spat at them.

" Oh well, keep him. He never had the heart of a Warrior anyway." Rick snapped back and glared at Adam, who returned the favor.

" Hey, Biff, one more thing!" Russ cut in. Madisyn smirked. She knew what he was going to say. They came up with it together. Madisyn moved to the front of the group and stood in front of Charlie, next to Russ.

" After we beat you, the Warriors die and the Ducks fly." They synced and smirked at Varsity.

" Hey, anything you say, loser." He thought he had the last word as Varsity walked away.

" Good move, guys. Make 'em even madder." Averman peered over the boys shoulder to speak to him and Madisyn. He got nothing but a pair of crossed arms and an eye roll. " Charlie, we gotta do something, man."

" Yeah, you're right. We gotta get to work." Charlie spoke then walked away from the group.

" Before or after winter break?" Madisyn called after him.

______________________ 

READ THIS PLS!! for the sake of the story and the plot i created for Madisyn, winter break is going to be happening :) then the story will continue two chapters after this one.