. 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 .

𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐔𝐧𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐛𝐲𝐞𝐬

・。。・゜☆゜・。。・

That morning ended up with Charlie getting kicked off the team and Fulton leaving with him. Orion made them do twenty laps which successfully exhausted the team for the rest of the day.

Madisyn was walking to her next class, rubbing her eyes tiredly when she was grabbed by her arm and dragged into an empty classroom. " The hell.." She looked at the person, seeing Adam. Madisyn let out an annoyed exhale.

" Can we talk?"

" What on earth is there to talk about? We broke up. Nothing more to it." Madisyn told him. Adam sighed, his hands going up to his hair before he dropped them, not wanting to look like he was in distress.

" I just didn't mean to come off so harsh about it. I didn't want to break up either. The words just came out-" Adam tried to explain but Madisyn whipped in his direction and squinted.

" But they did. Right? Which means that they were obviously thoughts lingering in your head," She knew she put him in a position he couldn't get out of. " Listen, I hate the fact that things went down like that but I understand. Okay? So let's not be that couple who makes it awkward now. We stay friends...Or at least try to."

Adam looked at her with a frown, " I don't want to be friends, Mads."

" Well, you should've thought about that before you broke up with me Adam. I'm giving you the option to be my friend, or be gone from my life. It's time to choose." Madisyn let out the truth, shrugging her shoulders.

Adam felt stumped. He didn't want a life without Madisyn in it but being her friend was not exactly on his checklist either. A small nod came from him and Madisyn gave an awkward grin.

" Great. Can I go now?" She asked him, pointing back to the door with a sarcastic smile.

Adam chuckled, nodding his head. The two stared at each other for a moment, not really knowing what to do when leaving this conversation. Madisyn held out her fist and Adam, with a grimace, bumped his fist into her's.

・。。・゜☆゜・。。・

Madisyn was on her way to visit Hans. Every week she would go see the older man and sit down to talk with him about hockey. Madisyn's moms parents had died years ago and Madisyn didn't know her biological dad, so she never had a set of grandparents she could lean on. Hans was that person for her. Her chosen grandfather. 

Charlie happened to be walking there as well, a deflated look on his face and no pep in his step. Madisyn saw him from across the road and looked for any cars before running across the street. He looked down, giving a closed lip smile to her.

" So...No more Charlie on the Ducks.." Madisyn trailed off.

Charlie let out a sharp exhale and gave her a look, " I don't think we need to talk about this."

" We don't." Madisyn simply said. A grin appeared on her face and she purposely bumped into Charlie as they walked. " But I want to."

Charlie couldn't fight the grin off his face, looking down at the girl. Madisyn didn't stare back at him and it gave him a second to really admire the girl he was walking with. Madisyn was, with no questions, one of the prettiest people Charlie had ever laid eyes on. Inside and out, she was beautiful.

When Charlie imagined having a girlfriend he would think of a girl who played hockey, was good at it, and wouldn't hold back. He wanted a girl that was kind, but could be aggressive, someone who understood him and was kind. Funny and smart too. Madisyn hit every single check on his list.

The guilt started eating him up as his mind was swarmed with thoughts. That was his ex best friend's ex-girlfriend. For so long, Charlie had even considered Madisyn as a younger sister. Nothing more, nothing less. So why is everything changing now? Was it the fact she was single? Or was it because in the past month, she had been there to give him the attention he was craving so badly?

They rounded up to Hans' shop, shoving each other back and forth and joking around. Something both of them needed after a shitty last twenty four hours. Charlie walked in first.

Madisyn could hear the radio broadcast of her team playing, she had told them she wasn't going to be able to make it tonight last month so they had expected it. What she didn't think of, was the fact they were now missing Charlie and Fulton.

Madisyn loved her team so much but she knew that her, Charlie, Adam and Guy were usually the people that carried them through a game.

" Your mothers been calling. She's been looking for you." Hans told Charlie as soon as the two friends entered the shop. Charlie and Madisyn sat down on a couch together.

" I'm right here." He answered. Madisyn elbowed him gently as a warning.

The radio started speaking about the game. The ' Warriors' lost. The sound made Madisyn frown. The Ducks rarely ever lost, only starting when they attended Eden Hall.

" Sounds like the team needs you guys, huh?" Hans told them after he turned off the radio. Charlie scoffed. Madisyn gave a small smile to Hans.

" They don't need me. What they need is a new Coach." Charlie remarked sassily.

" I was with Matthew and Colton tonight. My mom was supposed to fly in but it was postponed for now due to work." Madisyn shrugged.

" You're not a little boy anymore, Charlie. Please stop acting this way." Hans pleaded.

" Yeah Charlie!" Madisyn said, getting looks from both Charlie and Hans shut her up.

" I just don't know what this guy wants from me." Charlie breathed out.

Madisyn felt this was more a mentor to student kind of talk so she stood up and walked over the wall with a bunch of newspapers and pictures on it. She read all about Bombay, The Ducks, just Minnesota teams in general. She heard the door slam shut and saw Charlie storm out but wait a little bit away from the shop. Sighing, Madisyn walked back over to Hans, who was having a coughing fit.

" You good, Hans?" She asked, rushing over to him. She kneeled down in front of him and he gave her a warm smile. Madisyn walked away from the older man and got a glass of water for him. She placed it on the table.

" I'm okay, Madisyn. Go after Charlie." He reassured her and nodded towards the door. Madisyn gave him a half smile and patted his knee.

" Will do! I'll see you soon!" Madisyn walked towards the door, waving at Hans before she left.

" Goodbye, Madisyn."

______________________