2

I was walking past the corridor when I heard Snickers at every angle. I turned around, and it seemed everybody there was talking about me. Just as I was about to just ignore them and leave one of my classmates dragged me into the bathroom.
"Listen, you have a stain."
"You mean period stain." I gasped, covering my mouth.
"I have a pad, wait, I'll get it for you." I did wait because I had no choice. As girls aren't they suppose to tell me, yet they were making gestures of me.  Just when I thought she came because I heard footsteps, well, she did really come back but with other girls. True to her word, she brought the pad, but the mean girls taunted me before they allowed me to change. I washed off the stain and stared into the mirror with my teary eyes.

~Present~

"Jidda, today is Maryam's wedding." My mom yelled from the stairs when I was having breakfast.
"Which Maryam".

"What do mean by which Maryam, your cousin, Asiya's sister."

"Ohh, but Mama, you could have informed me sooner i don't have anything to wear."

"It's no problem, it's kamu, and you girls are expected to wear laffaya. Besides, I'm sure you have some laffaya in your closet."
"When is it?" I'm done eating, and these conversations are delaying me and my sister.

"It's by 7".

After dropping off my sister, I stopped at a suya spot before heading to the hospital. Today, we did really have a lot of new admitted patients, and it's mostly diabetic patients. I had my lunch like every other day thanks to my boyfriend. I did post yesterday's vlog today after editing it and doing a voice-over.

I changed into a beige, brown, and coffee brown colored lafaya with a cream inner. I got that set a month back. I did my minimal makeup. Just an eyeliner and mascara. I did my lips and fixed my nose cuffs. The head wrap didn't take time because I'm used to it. Did I say I did a GRWM video well yes I did.

I showered with my perfumes before leaving. Well, I didn't forget to tell Mama I'm out. The venue wasn't hard to find, I've been to lots of weddings. You'll think me being a nurse has a troll on me, or I don't have time. I create time when I really want to do something. I spotted some of my cousins, and we did the hugging part. I was privileged to sit with the bridesmaids.

The venue was beautifully decorated, and the groomsmen did not disappoint. That's like one of the reasons I love attending wedding functions.

"Hauwa Abubakar, is that you?"
I was quite surprised to see one of my secondary schoolmates here in Zaria. I made sure I left most of them in Abuja.

"You look ....". I cut her off.
"Gorgeous, I know." I cut in.

She cleared her throat.

"Which side are you from?"
"Bride's." I chirped in.

"Can, I have your number. I'd like to add you to our school group."
"Well, I would like to give you, but unfortunately, I'm a busy person. I don't think I'll have time to engage in that group of amateurs. Oh, sorry, your group."
I flashed her a sweet smile.
Nursing taught me how to stab a person and still have a smile on . As creepy as it stands, it's actually true.

"Oh, OK, if you feel like that, it's fine.

"Jidda, did you see how those guys are staring at you?" My cousins dragged me by the arm.
I looked up, and she wasn't lying. Two handsome men were ogling at me. This isn't the first time these happened.

"They've been staring at you since you joined us."

I always know I have that feminine aura that makes guys turn their heads. Do I take advantage of it? Yes, I do.
Growing up, I didn't have male friends. When the girls are talking about boys, dating, and stuffs like that I'm always left out. But now I have men at my fingertips, men who are willing to do anything for me. Guess life is about patience. I mean, who would have thought the unkept girl would become a gorgeous diva.

"It's nice meeting you Hauwa". Salma said. I did really forget she was here.

"Can't say the same".

Vote, like and comment.
Thank you 😊