16

"Excuse us." He muttered, and the guards disappeared.

"Are you really hurt, or do you just want to talk to me?"
I gulped down an invisible lump.

"My leg really hurts but Khalifa I really wanted to see you, I mean you didn't tell me about our introduction, I just woke up and got to find out that I'm getting married in two months."

"Sorry I have to go, I don't want anybody to see us." I almost cursed out loud because he was using my words against me.

"Khalifa, I'm really sorry for yesterday, but I don't like this silent treatment. It's eating me up, and we still have to discuss our wedding."
"We have to discuss our house, my work. There's so much to be said."

"Our house has been completed for a long time, whenever you want to check it just let me know and I've contacted alot of hospitals in Abuja about your transfer, it's only up to you to decide which one you'll like to work in. I've also written everything you have to know about the hospitals."

"Why do I feel like I'm the unserious one in this relationship."

"Exactly, I don't know how you want me to show you how important you are to me, how I love you, listen if you're thinking of backing off now, there's no way out you're stuck with me for a lifetime."

"Do you know how hurt I was when you said you don't want people to know about us." He said brashly.

"Are we creating some sin or what?" He asked sarcastically.

"Khalifa, look at me. I love you too, I just want us to communicate next time, no more silent treatment."

"One more thing." I added.

"You didn't call me Princess, and you didn't say I look beautiful."
This man has gotten me so used to him.

"Princess, you look absolutely beautiful."
There he is, the flirtatious Khalifa is back.
I felt a rush of butterflies in my stomach.

"Wait a minute." He brought out his phone and asked me to be steady. I was already in the back seat, I just had to lean and give him my side view. He snapped me after which he showed me, and I must say, I looked gorgeous, especially with my nose cuffs.

"Please send it to me."
"Ok, Princess."

"Are you going back in." He asked.
"I'm already out, I don't think I'll go back. Besides, I have taken lots of pictures and videos."

"Come on, I'll drop you off." I closed the door, but he opened it again.

"Princess, do I have to tell you to sit in front."
I pouted before getting in the front seat.

"Have you eaten."
"Yes."

"Are you coming to our place tomorrow."
Tomorrow is the main wedding, and it's taking place in the palace.

"Yes."
"That's great, you'll get to meet our father. He's really curious to meet you."

"I have to come or else Amma would get angry."
"Should I be worried about your father?" I asked anxiously.

"My dad is really cool. He always goes with the flow, but when it comes to his people, well, that's another story."

"You know what? I didn't want to come today, I was very mad at you."

"Mad because of our wedding?"

"No, no, you left me on read, and you didn't pick up my calls."

"Well, thank God you came, I would have missed out. I mean, look at how gorgeous you look."

Oh, butterflies calm down.

We are here.
"Good night, beautiful."
"Good night, my prince." I gave him a flattering smile.

Today is the wedding day.
No, not my wedding. My would be sister in law's wedding.
If I claim to be dressing up all these days, then I don't know what to call what I'm doing today.
I didn't just dress up, I dressed to impress and make a statement. I'm meeting the queen after all, and I'm sure she'll introduce me to her significant others.

"Jidda darling." She gave me a warm hug.
"Good afternoon, Your Highness."

"What's all that? Don't get me angry now, I'm on the verge of getting mad." She glared at me.

"What happened, Amma?"
"Now that's better, it's some of this nuisance that we call family. They get on my nerve."

"Whatever you do, make sure to take your pills and please rest when you feel tired, don't forget to also stay hydrated."

"Ok, I get it."
"I'm serious, Amma. Please look after your health."

"I will dear, now go meet Khalifa he said I should inform him when you get here."

"Where is he?"
"At the horse's stable."

I hope you all are having a lovely time reading my book 😌🤭❤️