7

I did have a nice dream. But I have a shift, and even my alarm agreed to that. I groaned as I stretched out, I sticked my phone on the mirror while I recorded brushing my teeth and my skincare routine. After that, I changed into my scrubs. I pinned down my veil, after which I took some mirror pictures. I had a perfume festival before I grabbed my tote bag.

I made a quick milk shake and transferred it to my Stanley cup.

"Baba,mama, I'm leaving."
"Toh, take care." Baba waved me off as he was having his time with mama".

The parking lot looks full.
Whoa.
I can imagine how today's night shift will be stressful. Taking a deep breath, I entered while sipping my milkshake.

"Thank God you're here, Jidda, the queen was asking of you." Dr. Kaseem said.

"Is she on a routine admission?" I had another long sip.
"No, she's on emergency. She had a cardiac arrest."

It took a miracle for me not to spit on Dr. Kaseem, thank you, God, for saving me.

"I'll send you her present medical report."

"Oh k".
I finished my milkshake and cleaned up before heading to the VIP unit.
I saw four guards outside.
I entered the room, and trust me, I was not ready for the population of the people inside. Do these people want to suffocate her.

"Your highness". I called out to her, and she shifted her gaze to me.

"Jidda dear." She gave me a warm smile. She sure looks pale.
"How are you feeling?"I cupped her cheeks with a smile. Trust me, I love these women.
"I feel like throwing up. My mouth tastes bad."

I turned to the population of people staring at me. If I hadn't been presenting projects in school, I would have fainted.

"Good evening to you all. The queen would need ginger tea or anything with ginger, and please get her crackers. It would also help."

"I'll get it." One of them stood up.

"Khalifa, leave it, Sule will get." I turned to look at the person she's speaking to, and my heart skipped. My oh my, it's Khalifa, Aisha's husband. He's in a maroon Kaftan, and my he did not disappoint. He had a quick glance at me before he looked back at his mom.

"Mama, sule will not understand the errand." He has these deep voices like Vin diesel.
"Just because he's a guard doesn't mean he's an illerate." She whimpered while holding her chest. I patted her.
He just walked out.

"Sultan, please get them for me."
"Oh, k Amma." One of the men walked out.

"Your highness, you need, uhmm...".
"Speak up, dear."

"You need space and ventilation."

"I told them I'm fine but they insisted on staying, oya you all should leave me." She joked.
"I'll stay behind." A woman spoke up.

"I didn't see laila. Where is she?"
"She went back to school. She's writing her Waec soon." The woman answered.

"This is Hanan, my first daughter in law". All these royal daughters in law are glowing. I mean, look at Aisha.
By the way, I didn't see Aisha.

"You're Highness, I'll be back to change your drip."

She smiled before I left the room.
I collected my usual dinner thanks to Ibrahim when I saw Khalifa with a child. He was tickling the boy. Oh, jidda, how could you crush on a man that, too, with a child. Feeling bad, I had my dinner while sulking.

Dr. Marwan told me that since I'm taking care of the queen, he will readjust my duty post. I went back to change her drip. She had ginger tea and crackers, and indeed, it did really help. She fell asleep with a twisted neck, which opted me to adjust her sleeping position. I checked her pulse rate, and it's still weak. The doctors did chemotherapy for her before I came, I mean I'm glad.

"Jidda." I turned around sharply because it's not every day a girl like me gets called out by the prince of Zazzau.

"What exactly is wrong with Amma, I mean these days she's constantly falling sick, and yesterday's incident had a troll on us." He rubbed his stubble.

"She has a record of high BP, stage 1 diabetes which I think we can work on, and yesterday she had a cardiac arrest. All these are leading to stress and overthinking." I said, like the proud nurse I am.
"I don't get what stresses her out, I mean, she has maids, guards, servants, and you her children." I added.

"It's our family matter that most be working her out."
"I don't see Aisha around."

"She's at home."
"And jidda, thank you for taking care of our mom. She sure likes you."
He walked away.

My heart swelled, and I just had to smile like a creep.

I also found myself smiling. That was quite a chapter ❤️