8

KHALIFA

"My love." Aisha cupped my cheeks. She leaned in and pressed her lips on mine. Clinging onto me, she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"My love, Yusra invited me to a picnic. Can I please go, you know I don't really have much friend's and I really want to go". She whined.

"You can go, but make sure you check up on mom, I don't want another episode of the two of you."

Amma doesn't only despise Aisha. She hates her. I don't blame Amma, Aisha has a part of it. But I let bygones be bygones besides I still love her even after what she did 3 years ago.

"Where were we?" I searched for her lips with a flirtatious smile.

"Wait, can I go with the guards?" She pleads.

"Yes, why not?"
"Thank you, my love."

I made sure to remind Aisha to check up on mom in the hospital. After her picnic she called me to pick her up and since I'm not busy I agreed to it. I saw her all giddy when I got there, but one of her friends was staring at me. I know I look good but girl, I'm your friend's husband. The girl looks good, no, not good, she's beautiful.
A'uzubillah.
Where are my manners.

After dropping off Aisha, I went back to the hospital.
"Khalifa, I hope you know your wife is part of the reason why I'm here in the hospital." Amma held my hand.

"Amma, stop it, stop overthinking about things that are not important." I tried to pacify her.

"How will I be at peace when my daughter in law performs voodoo magic, who knows maybe she told her priest to cast a spell on me, these things are not to be taken for granted just because you don't believe these things doesn't mean they don't exist". Mom said anxiously.

"Amma, she promised me she would stop, and she stopped, I can testify that." I reassured her.

"A cameloen can only change its color for a short period not for long, why don't you hear my pleads, divorce that woman, get rid of that black magic. Please, Khalifa, you're my child, and every night, I sleep in fear. " She sounded bittered.

"Even your father's enemies don't scare me these much."

"Mom, I just don't want to be injust to anybody she swore on the holy Quran in my presence, clearly telling me that she stopped practicing black magic completely."

"I'm still not convinced, Khalifa divorce that witch."

"Amma, I can't just divorce her based on assumption."

"If that's the case, Khalifa, you'll get a second wife, that woman will not carry the name of my family, she can't even give birth because one of her curses backfired on her." She said angrily.

''I hope you remember how Sultan suffered because of the curse she put on Hanan, Alhamdulillah, for our prayers and divine strength. " She added.

"Let's leave all these, mom. What's really worrying you?" This whole Aisha conversation is draining me.

"Khalifa, it's your dad's family that wants to mess up with me, stupid people." She hissed.

"Amma, let dad worry about his problems." I said soothingly.

"Do you want me to become a widow?" She gasped.

"I want to understand why you're taking care of dad's problem." I mean, let dad deal with his siblings. Why is she carrying the burden.
"He needs to be strong. The people of Zazzau are counting on him."

"Look at my mom, carrying the king's burden like the queen she is."

"It's not easy to be a queen." She said with a faint smile.

"Are we missing out on anything?" Sultan, Haider, and Ahmad entered.

"Come here all of you, may Allah protect you from all evil eye and from your father's family." She said with an affable smile.

"Amma, they are your in laws". Sultan said.

"They are scavengers, Sultan. You need to be prayerful as the heir of these throne." She does sound worried.

After our bonding time, Amma kept requesting for a nurse named Jidda. I was really curious as to why mom wants her to attend to her.

Let's say Amma's prayer was answered because the famous nurse jidda finally came in and I didn't miss the way mom's face lit up.
To my surprise, it was Aisha's friend,the one that was staring at me, to be specific.
She looks different in scrub, but her beautiful smile and face is still radiant.
I tried to avoid looking at her because mom won't let her go, I just walked out. I met my nephew, Sultan's son, and we roamed around the hospital premises.

I saw jidda at the corridor and extended my gratitude to her service.

Thank u ❤️