13

Today is our 5th month dating anniversary with Khalifa. And Khalifa has really been trying to keep in touch. If he's not in Zaria, he makes sure to call.
One more thing, I told my family I'm dating the prince of Zazzau who is also married.
Zara didn't believe me.
Mama prayed for me while Baba was feeling proud. He said his girl deserves all the happiness in the world.

I'm currently thinking 99 ways to kill the tailor I gave my clothes to. So one of my sisters in law is getting married, and three royal guards were personally assigned to invite me to the wedding.

The queen later called and threatened to get angry at me if I didn't attend the wedding.
She also requested the hospital to give me a break. Perks of being queen's would be daughter in law.

Where was I, yes, the tailor.
"Jidda, would you stop pacing around? He would bring the cloth." Mama sounded irritated, but that's not what I'm worried about now.

"Mama, the first event would be in two days, and I've not tried the dress. What if it doesn't fit?"

My phone started ringing, and I quickly picked it up without any haste. Thinking it was the tailor, I started ranting.

"What a way to talk to your love."
"Khalifa." I whispered.

"What happened, princess, who got you all worked up?"
"It's the tailor. My clothes are not here, you know what? I was just thinking of how I'll inject a high dosage of fentanyl in his system."
Khalifa is always amused whenever I talk in medical terms.

"Easy there, tigress."
"Oh, so I'm now tigress. What happened to calling me, Princess, Khalifa? Don't you dare stop calling me Princess, or I'll transfer my aggression to you."

"Princess, your wish is my command."
"Are you in Zaria yet?"

"Yes, princess."

"You must rest now, take tea and sleep."
"Ok, nurse."
I was about to taunt him again for not calling me Princess when Mama gestured to the tailor that he should wait.
"Khalifa, I have to go now. The tailor is here." I cut the call.

The tailor was trying to give me a hundred and one excuse, but I cut him off. I tried the clothes, and all of them fit, Thank God.

Today is the henna party, and the cocktail party will be in the night. Your girl here didn't attend the henna . Instead, I went to a spa.
I had my facials and body treatment done. I made my hair, after which I had my henna done.
Now I feel whole.

It's getting late, so I had to start getting ready. I had a shower first, then settled in a black silky body con gown. The gown is high neck, so I just wore my white pearl jewelry set. I tied a white headwrap. After applying mascara and eyeliner, I lined my lips and adjusted my nose cuffs. I sprayed some perfumes. I grabbed my handbag and shoe.

I was about to go out when I saw Khalifa text.
I'm taking Aisha, but I've sent a driver with a guard. Just look for a black Hennessey.

I typed back
You sent a Hennessey to pick me up.

He replied
Anything for you, princess.

My heart swelled. I tried to hold back my tears as I searched for the car. And there it is.
They bowed their head, before one of them beat me in opening the door. I smiled at him.

I kept myself busy with my phone.
I saw Khalifa text.
Just before you're like I'm been unfair to Aisha, I'm in a Ferrari.

I typed back.
I revoke the devil that is using you to instigate me. All I know is I'm been driven in a Hennessey.

He sent laughing emojis.

The men informed me we're here, the place sure sure looks full. They said they'll hang around until I'm ready to leave.

Ever since I left secondary school, I've never felt small or insecure as I am today. I kept breathing hard. This place is suffocating me, I kept reminding myself how I've gone far from the broken girl to the girl that is standing here today.
I calm my nerves with slow, deliberate breaths.

You're joining this family, jidda.
Here goes nothing. I fully entered with a bright smile.