5

Mom told me Baba is coming back today. Well, you could say I was happier than her.
"Who missed me?" I ran into his arms, and he caught me.
"You're becoming stronger, but you look pale, and you lost weight." He examined me before tickling me.
"Maryam, what did you do to my daughter?" He faked his anger, and Baba never got angry.

"Why are you asking me, and please come in and take some rest, for crying out loud take a nap before all this." She pointed to the two of us.

He kissed my forehead before he went in. The maids dragged his luggage in and left it in the living room.

"Jidda na." Baba called out.
"What happened to you?" He sat me down, and I could clearly see the concern in his eyes. Me and Baba are 5 and 6, and having grandmother's name was a bonus. May her soul rest in peace.

"Baba, I want to change school. That environment is so toxic." I cried out.

"Is it the academics?"
"No, Baba, you know I'm a very brilliant child, the students always bully me saying I have pimples and that I'm very mean because I don't give them answers in exam hall. They just troll me for alot of things they go on and on about their picnics, teasing me for been a nerd, they have never hit me but they always mentally drain me, and you know mama doesn't care about trendy things so whenever I ask for one I get scolded because she says I just want to feel among".
I heard dad gulp down a huge lump and sigh.

"I'll change your school, and I'll make sure you make it."

"I mean dad, I'm a girl, of course I love all those things, I'm I wrong." I asked softly.

"No dear, you'll be that girl, but we have to change your school first, make a list of what you want, I mean your acne problem, let's take baby steps." Dad patted my head.

"Of course, Daddy."
"Well, look at the mirror because this is the last time you'll see that broken girl, wipe your tears, it's breaking me." I gave him a million dollar smile while I stared at the mirror.

"I love you dad".

"I love you too, dear.

~Present~

I was really happy when my shift ended. I really want to go to Baba, but unfortunately, sleep comes first.
I did my GRWM video, not before ranting that my dad was back. I also flaunted my henna on screen, alot of people were like where did you get your henna done, oh jidda I love your henna, the henna is giving, I mean of course I'll slay it.

"Baba." I saw Zara filling up Baba about her score, lies.

"Jidda, how was the shift?"
"It was okay. How was your trip? Is there any back pain or muscle contraction?"

"No, nurse, I'm fit, but I do think some cheetos would do."

Guys, please tell me why my dad loves cheetos, I mean, at this age, isn't he supposed to leave that thing for Zara.

"How are you Jidda". Dad asked softly, patting my head.

"Dad, I'm fine, I'm great." I know why he asked about my well being he always does that. I mean, you could say he is my therapist.

"Don't we have new packages to open." He teased, which made pout.

"Zara here was telling about a supposed boy in her class. If your mother hears about it, I'll deny knowing about it." Baba raised his hands in surrender.

"Listen, Zara, you'll get men to the extent you get fed up, and please don't tell me you're dating your mate, God Forbid, that's out of class." I rolled my eyes while I sat next to them.

"Which type of guy do you want, jidda?".

"Baba I want an older person somebody that's like 7 to 10 years older, I want a matured man who knows wants he wants not some lousy boy who's job is to send just love quotes, I want somebody who would be able to take over from you, I mean somebody who would take care of me immensely, that's a potential groom Zara, and trust me the moment you all finish school. You'll be separated. "

"Well, Zara, she's right it's infatuation, not love, just be smart, I won't bear seeing my daughter go through a heartbreak."

"Oh, Baba, you melt my heart." Zara dramatically fell on the floor.

We all burst into laughter.

Please vote and comment
Thank you 😊