9

I'm off duty.

I reviewed some of the packages I received yesterday. After that, I did a thorough room cleaning. I burnt some Bakhur, al haramain, to be specific. I love its rich scent.
"Somebody looks busy." Baba peeped at my door.

"Oh, I was just cleaning."
"That's nice. Keep it up."

I went to the kitchen to prepare my famous ginger tea, which consists of ginger, cloves, cinnamon, lemon grass, mint, sugar, and chamomile.

I heat the teapot and poured in everything. I allowed it to boil for an hour so that it diffused before I sieved it into the flask. I make these tea for my my aging patients. I wiped up the kitchen surface before Mama started nagging that I didn't clean the mess I made. She once fired our maid because I was lazy.

I took my bath, after which I wore a fitted ankara gown. I tied my heardwrap and placed my veil over my head tie. Feeling satisfied with my look, I took some mirror pictures. I had my perfume fiesta before leaving.

"Baba, I'm going out."
"Bye dear."

I placed the flask on the passenger's seat.
Coming out of the car, I grabbed the flask.

"Ah jidda". Dr. Kaseem called out.
"Good day, Dr.".

"Your patient was asking of you."
Oh, that must be the queen.

"How is her health?" I adjusted the flask because it was slipping from my hand.

"She's better now. Go check up on her, by the way. You look good as always."
He said with a warm smile.
I smiled back before leaving.

"Good day." I smiled brightly as I entered.
"Jidda, dear."
I saw her sitting with her back on the pillow.

"How are you feeling?" I placed the flask near her bedside.
"Alhamdulillah, I'm feeling much better."

"Ya hanan." I turned my gaze to Hanan.
"Jidda, how are you?" I noticed a girl with her. It must be her daughter.

"And who is this darling?" I picked her up.

"Jadwa, my daughter."

"Oh hey darling."

"Your Highness, I brought these for you. Please take it. It's high in vitamins and antioxidants. It has a calming and refreshing effect. Try it. "

"Oh jidda, these is very nice, I feel relaxed."
"And sleepy." She added with a light chuckle.

"It will make you feel sleepy, and you'll surely enjoy your sleep."

"Thank you, jidda, really thank you." Hanan said with an affection.
"Are you a doctor?" My lovely jadwa whispered.

"No darling, I'm a nurse, bit I'm not wearing a uniform today." I tapped her nose, after which she giggled.

"Jidda, do you have a boyfriend?" The queen arched her brows.
I lowered my head before replying.

"Yes."
"But he's not your suitor right".
I paused before nodding. I don't see myself marrying any of the guys I'm dating.

"So that means you can marry my Khalifa." She said casually, after which she had a long sip.

"What do you mean your Highness, you mean your son, isn't he married?" I said bitterly.

"Of course I meant Khalifa, and yes he's married, you can live in separate states or country, I mean it's not a big deal, it just crossed my mind, relax nothing to get worked up".

"Sorry if I sounded off, I just didn't see that coming."

"Does this mean you'll consider been my daughter in law." She said adoringly.

Uhmm, I really don't have a problem with Khalifa, I'm the type of person that likes my space, so I like the idea of marrying a married man atleast he won't be bugging me everyday.
But this is quite sudden.

"Your Highness, don't you think it's too sudden?"

"No, no, I'm not rushing. You have to understand yourselves first before marriage, take your time, and if you think even after spending time with him, he's not the one. Please don't hesitate to tell me. "

"Amma, they will look good together." Hanan said, which made me swallow a huge lump.
"Look at her, she's tensed." Hanan laughed.

The queen slept not long after our conversation.

"Uhmm... ya Hanan, I was wondering why the queen wants me to marry her son". I can't help but ask.

"Aisha, Khalifa's wife and Amma don't get along, I mean she doesn't even get along with anybody, honestly Amma is the best mother in law, I've heard stories of wicked mothers in law but Amma is different. She's so sweet, and let's not forget I report Sultan to her when he makes me mad. She scolds him and asks him to apologize. When I was pregnant, she pampered me alot".

"Listen, Amma is really cool, Wallahi." She added.

Do I really want to spend my life with Khalifa, Aisha is really not my problem, but what about Khalifa. What is his say in all this, will he accept me?.

Alhamdulillah to another successful chapter ✨️ 🙏 ❤️