3

"What are you still doing in your room? Why aren't you dressed up?" Mama barged in.
"Mama, I don't want to go to school anymore. They make fun of me and also make me feel insecure."

Mama's hand hit my cheek, which made me tremble and fall on the ground.

"I did not give birth to a coward, neither did I raise one, your dad pays your school fees and you have the gut to tell me you will not go to school because of your peers, are you that stupid. What is the use of all the intelligence if you still turn out useless? "

"Listen, she grabbed my ear. If I ever hear you mutter such rubbish, you will be forced to see my wrath." She released it, not before hitting me again.

"I don't understand these your generation, very toxic make sure you're ready in the next 10 minutes."

She won't understand nobody will. Dad doesn't work here he only comes home after two months and spends one month at home. When Mama is the storm, he is the opposite. Oh, how I miss him.

I stared at my swollen eyes in the mirror and released a heavy sigh. Today is going to be such a long day.

~Present~

Today is my day off, and I decided to go to a spa. So it's officially spa day. I started the day with my workout. I don't go to the gym, but I made sure I got that curvy waist. My waist trainers did help also.
I have been using them for four years without a break. That really helped with my exercises.
And now I'm presently twirling in front of the mirror admiring my hard work.

After my usual GRWM, I headed to the spa. I started with the body massage before the facials. I also waxed my body at some point.
I got my henna done. Black, to be specific, I don't get the hype in red henna.

After the spa, I felt like a newborn baby, and I was quite sleepy. That was the first thing I did when I got home.

When I got up, I snapped my henna and sent it to one of my potential boyfriends.
Not a minute after he called me.

'My love, that's very beautiful, tell me much was it'. He texted
'Oh, don't bother, do you like it?' I typed back.
'Of course my love'. Well, let's just say he sent me money.

Whoever wants to spend his life with me must be ready to be billed. I mean the way I take care of myself, eh?
I downloaded some books on Kindle before I started devouring them.
I was interrupted when my phone started ringing.

"Jidda, how could you?" Leave it to anisa to show you her drama skills. She is literally the most dramatic person I've ever met.
"Ashraf's wife." I replied with a dry humor.
"Well, you could say that again, you won't believe what Ashraf did to me today."

Anisa is married to an architect in Abuja.

"He had the nerve to say I have pimples." I chuckled, imagining how dramatic she would have been in that moment.

"Weren't you having them?"

"Well I didn't know, we were together when he pressed his thumb on face and then a followed with is that a pimple, and you know what it's his fault why would he give me peanut".

"I'm sure he didn't force you."

"In my defense, the peanut was so rich, God, it was so good, listen, I want an instant acne cream."

"Well, you could try, uhmm.., oriflame skin pore peel off mask. "

"Why is the name that long?" She cried out.

"Do you want your pimples gone or not?" I made sure I sounded annoyed.

"Yes, yes, I'll check it, I've written it down."
"Bye dear, you're such a great help."

"Take care, and make sure you use it regularly."

It's such a long day.

Don't forget to like, vote, and comment 🫠