4

Well, I'm back to my shift, and today, I'm on my night shift.
I was in the emergency ward when my attention was needed in a room.

The woman I was assigned to was on a routine admission.

"Good evening, Ma." I displayed a smile.
She smiled back and nodded. There was a girl beside her, which I guess is her daughter. She's looks like Zara's age.
I checked the record sheet and verified her data before assisting her to the treatment area.

"Please kindly wait here, Ma. I'll contact the doctor on duty."

"What's your name dear, you have a beautiful smile." She gave me a warm smile, and her daughter followed suit.

"Amma, Wallahi, I was just thinking the same. I'm laila." The daughter spoke.

"I'm hauwa, but jidda is fine, and thank you so much for the compliment you and ma made my day." I grinned before I stepped out to get the doctor. I prepared the treatment table and headed back.

"You have to take care of yourself your highness". The doctor checked her vital signs and noted it down.

Does this make her a queen? But where are her guards.

"Jidda dear, you look lost." Her Highness said with a mild chuckle.

"I honestly didn't know you're the queen, and sorry for my past misjudgment." I lowered my head.

"What are you saying dear, forget all that tell this doctor to hurry up before I get him seized." She made a joke, which earned a laughter from all of us.

"Your BP is still high, and I think you have diabetes, I'll run some tests just to make sure." Dr. Ahmad notes down.
"Why do I feel you don't take your drugs?" He added.

"I don't like those drugs, can't I just be taking injection?" The queen whined, which I really found funny.

"Your Highness, it's not all drugs that can be administered through the veins." I spoke out.
"You need to take these drugs, atleast before your BP is normal and please avoid worrying or overthinking it's one of the things that instigate high BP and lastly we have to check your sugar and salt level".

I later excused myself to check up on other patients. Well, that was quite an encounter, I wanted to post it on my Instagram story, but I decided against it.

You could say I had a peaceful shift.

The only thing that follows after a night shift is some sleep. I did get some sleep to the extent Mama had to come in and woke me up for prayer. I silently groaned before waking up.

Lately, I've been missing out on my hair routine. If anyone had told me years back that I won't continue, I would have considered the person a liar. I have a long hair thanks to my dad's genes, but I wanted it longer. Don't blame me. I'm just a girl.

The hair was really growing at a slow phase, I almost gave up, but part of me thinks that I was just desperate at that time. Well, you could say my hair is now barely my reaching waist.

So girls out there, you can do it. You just need to be patient, and please do it frequently. Since the day I discovered heat damages the hair, I stopped going to the salon. I washed my hair, used the hand dryer at low heat before oiling.

I did some hair product reviews on Instagram before I started getting ready for my shift. I took a shower before wearing my blue scrub with black Snickers. I wrapped my small veil around my head and wore my black sleeves. I don't know why I just can't wear my scrub without arm sleeves.

Just as I was about to bid mom, I headed dad's voice.
"Baba." I smiled cheekily when I saw him.
"Come here." He dragged me into a hug.

I checked my watch and cursed under my breath.
"Baba, I have to go." He nodded before sending me off with a smile.

"Take care, and make sure you eat." I waved at him before driving off.

Dad and food and not in cahoots. The reason is that he picks food.
I won't eat this, won't eat that, the list goes on....

Please vote, like, and comment ❤️