18

I woke up and surfed through my wardrobe. Since I'm getting married, I've decided to give out some of my old clothes. Zara has already picked the ones she likes.

My phone started ringing, I checked the caller ID, and it's Anisa.

"Jidda, how dare you abuse our friendship. You didn't tell me you're getting married."

"I thought I did it must have slipped my mind after all the days are fast approaching, and I'm also feeling anxious."

"Girl, it's normal to feel anxious. You're getting married to a prince. You have nothing to worry about."

"I've already contacted the event planners and caterers. They will handle everything."

"Jidda, you still have a lot to do."

I started my body treatment after my shift. I thought the women would be as gentle as the spa i go to, but I was wrong.
These old women tortured me in the name of body treatment. And they told me we have to do this until the wedding. They also gave me some concoction to drink.

My days have become really hectic, I've been jiggling between shopping, hospital shifts, body treatment, facials, and body wraps.

"Princess, you sound exhausted."
"Khalifa, I'm tired. This whole wedding thing is draining me." I burst into tears.

"Oh my God, listen, princess, Shh..., oh, how I wish I was in zaria, I'm sorry, Ok, Shh... stop crying." He sounded worried, and for a minute, I wanted to laugh.

"Princess, don't overwork yourself, please."
"I'll try not to."

"That's my girl."
Khalifa always gives me butterflies. There's no doubt about that.

Amma sent my Alkyabba along with some royal attires. I tried it on and told her it fits.

I had my henna ceremony done today, and your girl still didn't get red henna on. I made sure I did my research on the henna artist. I can't settle for less. I closed my face with my hand and asked one of my friends to snap it. I sent it to Khalifa, and he praised it and said he couldn't wait to kiss it. I had my hair done later.

I really don't know how to keep track of my wedding, but I sure know the house is full, and today is my bridal shower.

Khalifa kept requesting to see me, but I wasn't allowed. Those aunties kept an eye on me.

I've invited my girls, and we had a blast. I danced and lip synced to a lot of songs. It was as if my inner child was out. I vibed with everybody there. I was quite worried at first, but my friends told me to let go that this happens once in a lifetime. I was hyper, wild, and crazy that night.

I was dressed in my royal attire for the main wedding. I had multiple photoshoots for my wedding. If there's anything I don't know about my wedding, it would be the population of people that attended it. I mean, it's as if the whole zaria is attending my wedding. In my mind, I was like, excuse me, I don't know you. They all kept talking to me, as if they knew me. And funny enough, I snapped with most of them. It's a one-time thing, after all.

After the wedding, I was dragged into a room filled with my aunties and some faces I don't know. They started talking to me about marriage, patience, and the responsibilities they kept going on. I was taking points in some part of the so-called lecture.

My dinner is to take place in Abuja, and since we're married, Khalifa pleaded with his mom to allow us to go together. I still haven't talked to him. They only allow us to take pictures, and they push him away afterward.
I had to say goodbye to Mama and Baba because they won't be joining us, and guys, I cried a lot. Zara is tagging along, so I have no business with her now.

We are to drive to kaduna, and we'll follow the plane from kaduna to Abuja. I changed into something light before entering the car. Since we're going for a long drive, I need to be comfortable. I felt his presence the moment I entered the car. I didn't hesitate to crash on him. He held me tight and kissed my neck.

"Princess, my arms longed to cradle you, to feel your warmth and inhale your scent."
He kept giving me neck kisses.

"You just me addicted." He whispered in a raspy voice.

My heart is racing, and my insides are fluttering.

"Khalifa." I called out, but my voice is barely audible.

He hummed, and I felt every single vibration.

My babies have finally tied the knot, but as it is said, marriage is not about being in love. it's about staying in love.
🥁