17

Khalifa knows I hate horses, no, I don't hate them, I'm just afraid of them.
What if they go wild and kick me.
No, no, I can't go.
My heat is skipping with every step I take.

"Princess ". I turned around and saw the devil smirking.
"Where are you heading to?". He asked.

"To the horse's stable, Khalifa, you know I'm afraid of horses." I said bitterly.
"You claim to love me, how could you."

He laughed and clutched his stomach.
"Princess, I was teasing you."

"Then why did you call me here."

"You see those aunties won't let us go in, they'll be like men are not supposed to enter and they would taunt us, so I told Amma to send you over here and when she asked why, I told her I wanted to see how stunning you'll look today."

I widened my eyes like saucers.

"You mean to tell me you told Amma to send me over here just so that you'll see how I will look."

"Khalifa, there's something called shame." I lightly hit him.

He shunned me off like it's not a big deal.

"By the way, is Aisha coming." I asked because I was told she doesn't get along with the family.
"No, I would love to bring her here, but I know the torment and rejection she"ll face."

"What did she do?" I asked.

"I'm sorry but I can't tell you before our wedding."

"I will ask Amma." My face lit up.

"She won't say a single thing. You'll just end up reminding her of old wounds."
My smile just faded.

What could you have possibly done Aisha, why those everybody hate you.

"Is that like a secret?"
"Well, you could put it that way."

"Extend my greetings to her."
"Ok."

"Well, I got to go now. Please take care." He flashed me a smile.

"Wait, where are you going."
"I'm going back home.
"Ok, bye." I pouted.

"If you miss me, just call me Ok." He said, and I nodded.

This Aisha thing has been on my mind all day. Amma introduced me to a lot of people it was as if Khalifa was never married.
When I asked hanan, her body weakened like she'll just break at any moment, and faiza completely avoided me.

I had a blast full day, and that's if we remove the suspense part. Amma made me take lots of food and souvenirs home. Mama was really happy she had to call Amma and thank her.

You could say I had a wonderful day.

Khalifa
"Khalifa, I'm losing it. I don't think i can hold it anymore, and the thought of sharing you makes me very angry."

"Darling, you promised to stop, and I told you to always say your azkhar whenever you feel the negativity is consuming you."

"I'm sorry darling, but I love jidda, this wedding has to hold."

She cupped my cheeks.
"Look at me, is it that I'm not enough, we lived for 3 years what's stopping us from spending a lifetime."

"We are spending the lifetime together."

"I mean, just the two of us." She glared at me.

"Did you tell her, did you tell jidda I practice witchcraft and I've used it on your family. Did you tell jidda that I sacrificed the souls of our babies? Did you tell her I once put on a spell on Hanan so that she'll become barren." She sounded bittered and angry.

"Khalifa, you know, honestly, if I had my way, I would have trapped you with me, but your stars are always bright, and they're strong, in fact all the men in your family have bright stars, but I haven't checked jidda's stars."

"Do you want me to, I'm really curious, should I."
I slapped her with every force within me. I swear to God I didn't mean to, but how dare she drag Jidda into this.

"I've tolerated you, but if you dare touch my jidda, I promise to show you my wrath." It's as if she's back to her senses because she went to her room and started weeping.

Lately, I've been really finding it hard to tame Aisha. She goes into her dark phase and then comes back to reality.
I've been able to live with her because she can't harm me, and she hasn't really tried.

I can't tell jidda about Aisha's condition she might decide to stop this wedding. I love that girl so much, she's bubbly, fun, she always has a smile on, and let's not forget about how beautiful she is.

I have to call her.
"Hey, princess, I miss."
"It's barely 24 hours, Khalifa. Do you miss me that much."
"You can't begin to imagine."

🥁 🥁 🥁
Drums of trouble are beating.