10

I got ready for my shift in less than 40 minutes. I've never dressed this fast, but I overslept, and the person I'm taking over is in a hurry. So imagine how surprised I was when asiya called me. I had to double-check the time. My alarm is on, and that means I had a deep sleep.

After signing and taking over, I had to rush outside to get what to eat. I'm starving. I checked up on the queen to update her medical chart, after which she requested discharge.
I seek the doctor's attention.
I explained everything on her discharge slip regarding her diet, treatment, and checkups.

"Oh jidda, it's nice meeting you, i hope we meet again. My regards to your parents." She gave me a warm hug.
"I hope to also see you again, but not in the hospital. Please take good care of yourself. "
I bid all of them with a smile. After they left, I returned to the room and removed the bed linen for cleaning.

Phew. What a day.

I changed my clothes and jumped on my bed. I didn't just climb the bed, I really jumped on it. Please don't ask me why. It felt good, though. I was about to finish hopeless by Elsie Silver when my phone started vibrating. Can't I have my time. I ignored the call. I was still reading when Mama called out my name. I released a heavy sigh before heading downstairs.
"There's a man outside asking of you." I look puzzled while Baba is giving me a wide grin.
I checked the missed call I had, but it was an unknown number.
AARGH...

I went out to check up on the so-called man, and the person I'm currently seeing made my breath hitch.
"Your highness". I muttered.
"It's Khalifa to you."

"Amma asked me to come here, no I mean emotionally blackmailed me to come here, listen I'll just go straight to the point, you're a very beautiful lady and let's not forget you took care of my mom, thank you for that, but marriage. I don't hate or despise you, but I don't want to be unjust to you or Aisha. I like been fair in everything I do, if you think two of us will work fine, I never considered having two wives but it's not a big deal is it, you'll live in separate houses very far from each other, if you want to be in separate states, that can be arranged, I don't have a problem with it also".
"If you have a problem, don't hesitate to speak up, please."
"Are you even listening? You look lost."

"You've said so many things, I'm still processing everything you just said."

And I love your voice.

"You have to tell me what you're thinking."

Honestly, marrying him is not as bad as it looks. His family likes me, marriage is not only about two people, the families are also involved. Khalifa, on the other hand, is a spec. You can't just overlook that. I need to get good genes for my children.

"I'm okay with it, but that separate house is compulsory."

"Sure." He said after which he returned my flask to me.

"I'll leave now, but I'll call you later."

"Sorry I didn't pick up your call. By the way, how did you get my number?"

"Princess, we own Zaria." He smirked before he entered his car and jerked off.

I raised my hand to touch my cheek. I'm 100 percent sure I'm blushing.

"Seems my daughter is whipped." Baba pulled my cheeks.
"Baba, don't say that."
"Look at you, you're blushing."

Should I tell Baba that Khalifa is married, no, not now.

It's almost bedtime. I have a morning shift, and your girl needs sleep. I changed into my pajamas and did my night skincare routine.
Just as I was about to lay on my bed, my phone started ringing.

"Hey." Khalifa said in a raspy voice.
Great, just when I thought the butterflies in my stomach were under control.
"You sound tired."

"I'm tired but not sleepy, and that's really frustrating. I tried overworking myself so that I'll sleep but no luck. " His voice is still raspy.

"Try taking chamomile tea. It often helps with sleep, and it has a calming effect."
"I think I have a chamomile teabag somewhere, I'll check it later." He muttered.

"How about you? How are you doing?"
"I'm good, doing the usual."

"That's nice, when is your next shift?" He asked.
"Tomorrow and it's in the morning."

"And you're still awake, you should be sleeping princess, listen, send me your schedules."
He effortlessly said, princess.

"Now, I'll hang up and make sure you sleep."
"Oh k". I whispered.

"Sweet dreams, princess."

I placed my face on the pillow and kicked my feet.

So far I enjoyed this chapter the most.
Thank you all ❤️💋