15

My phone has been beeping. It turned out I've been tagged in so many posts. Some bloggers have already gotten the news of my marriage with Khalifa.

Khalifa, on the other hand, has not been picking up my calls. I'm slowly going crazy. I tried calling his number again, but it's not reachable. Feeling exhausted, I sighed and lay back. I don't think I'll go to the kamu later. If he doesn't want to talk, that's fine, I just want to know what's going on in his head.

I'm running late, but since I've decided not to go, I didn't bother getting up.

"Are you seriously laying down while those men are outside waiting for you?" Mama barged in.

"Which men".
"The men take drove you to the party yesterday, or are you just been ignorant?"

"Mama, please tell them I won't be attending."
"You must be very stupid. Come on, start getting ready." She snickered.

I've made up my mind I won't go.
"My apologies for the delay, but I won't be joining you today."

"I beg your pardon, but we are instructed to only leave this premises with you."

I stamped my feet and grumbled before I went back inside.

"Listen, you kept these innocent people waiting. Make sure you get ready in a jiffy. I offered them food, but they refuse, they only had water jidda, haba. Please hurry up and leave."

Mama pushed me into my room.

I had a quick shower and wore my black body con shirt. The dress code is laffaya, and the material for the laffaya was sent to me with the cards. I stood in front of the mirror to tie my laffaya. I did my usual makeover before I fixed my earrings and nose cuff. I put on some knuckle rings with two bracelets. I rubbed some oil perfume(s) before I left with my bag and heels.

"Mama, I'm leaving."
"Toh, take care."

I fixed my heels in the car.

I still tried calling Khalifa, but he's not picking.
I called Hanan the moment I reached the venue.
She literally dragged me inside.

"Hanan, slow down. I'm wearing heels."
"Sorry, I'm just excited, I mean girl, welcome to the family." She dragged me into a hug.

"Cupcake, let the girl breathe."
It's as if the whole brothers have been summoned. And the one who I'm desperate to see isn't here.

"You call her cupcake?" I promise to be composed all day, but not now. I had to laugh.

"She's as sweet as cupcake." He dragged her to his side.

"Ya Sultan, keep your hormones in place. We are here to welcome our would be sister in law". Ahmad intervened.

"Thank you all for the warm welcome."

"She got Khalifa whipped. Imagine how surprised I was when he woke us up to go ask for your hand in marriage. Our uncles couldn't stop teasing him. " Ahmad said with a faint smile.

"Since the beautiful nurse is taken, I'll have to find another beautiful lady in the crowd, let's see...". Haidar's eyes wondered in the crowd.

"Why do you always blutter rubbish?" Sultan scolded him, which made Hanan and I laugh.

"What, can't I be honest now, I saw her in the hospital the other day and I fell for her but that selfish brother of mine asked her out first, I mean he has one already". He snorted.

"You know what? Just keep wondering around with the excuse of looking for a wife."

I no longer paid attention to them because I just saw Khalifa, I excused myself to talk to him. He saw me and purposely walked away.
Rude.

The MC asked us to settle down. The event began with prayers, and the bride's best friend gave her speech. The groom's best friend followed after.
Today's theme is basically culture. So even the musical instruments are locally made. The kalangu was played along with others I don't know. I tried calling Khalifa, and I clearly saw how he rejected my call. What is wrong with him.
Wait, wait, is he taking revenge for what I did yesterday? How could I have forgotten.

My mind was already off from the kamu because I was thinking of how to drag Khalifa out of here.

Yes, I have an idea.

I quickly typed
Me: Khalifa, I think I sprained my ankle. I'll be outside. Please get me any first aid box. I'm in the car.

I slipped away from the crowd.
"Are you ready to leave?" The driver asked. "

"No, I'm waiting for somebody."

There he is, the man who made me have sleepless nights. He's standing in all glory dressed in traditional attire with his cap perfectly sitting on his head.

My Khalifa.