Chapter 20: Zain

"We need to get the poison out of your bloodstream." Says Erebus as we go past doors in a corridor that seemed to never end.

"Where are we going?" I asked, looking around.

"My witch. Her name is Hecates."

We walked into the room, and there was a woman. She had hazeled coloured eyes and hair. Her jawline was squared. She's wearing a classic gown but not the type of one you would wear to a ball. She is also about 5 foot 8 inches.

"You must be the Vampire Assassin, Zain?" She asks with a soft and mysterious voice.

"Two things. One, how the fuck do you know me, and two you must be Hecates?" I asked her, tilting my head.

She smiles. "Since the kidnapping of Nyx me and Erebus had been trying to find her and stumbled upon your universe. Yes, I am."

Erebus leans up on the wall, and it seems that Hecates is studying my lean body... well, it seemed like that. She traces a finger down my arm.

"Get off me, and what are you doing?" I asked defensively.

"Either you or your girlfriend -"

"No, wife. She's going to be my wife."

"Then you or your wife has a curse placed upon you." She says calmly and with the same softness and mysterious voice. "It seems it looks like this," She makes some sort of necklace come into the palm of her hand. "-bad luck, murder, cheating, abuse, unable to control powers. Things like that. This type of curse is supposed to bring bad luck to those who wear the necklace -"

"What? There's something else, isn't there?"

"- and it's supposed to kill the wearer. Do you have it on?"

"No. My future wife does."

"Where is she?"

"Who put the curse on her?"

"I'm guessing the Arae."

"The Arae? They don't usually work with a leader?" Says Erebus like he's trying to get deeper. "Unless someone has been giving them a promise.

"Is there an Ida under my compound?" I ask.

"Yeah, it's all only for witches, though."

Nox0666