Chapter 3: Nikki

"Just keep doing that." I tell, Nyx. "You're doing amazing."

She's under some sort of illusion. I placed her underneath that to see how she'll react, and so far, she's doing good. Better than anyone else before her. They all would've died long before now. There is definitely something special about this girl. I wonder what Nyx and Erebus's love is like. Forbidden? Enemies to lovers? Forced marriage? It's all... too strong for me to have an accurate reading on it. But there is definitely a link with them. I'll never know.

"How are you, Nyx?" I asked.

"What is this training?"

"It's one that had killed past users." Says Viktor gruffly.

"How'd you know?" I asked, jumping straight to defensive.

"I heard all the shit that had happened." He says. He seems to know what he's saying. "You killed them. Not the training."

"No. The training killed them." I spat. "That's the thing that killed them. I even went through their memories to find out what killed them."

"Privacy breach." Says Viktor.

"If I had to find out what killed them, I had no choice."

"Okay, who killed what?" Asked Nyx.

"The training you're going through now killed my past deciples. But you're strong. Way stronger than them. I mean, they all died on when you went underneath the illusion.

"The illusion?"

"Yes, that thing that Nikki had put you under!" Says Viktor.

"Are you here to hinder the training? If so, you can piss off, or I'll have to forcefully remove you!" I say with a strong hint of hatred.

Why did Zain have to train this prick?

"Dante will be back." I say knowingly.

"How do you know?" Asked Nyx. "You and Zain were barely alive last time."

"Oh, I know that. Want to know something?" I asked.

"Sure."