part ⭐ 14

A year had passed, and during this time, New and Tay only worked together on critical projects. Tay still hesitated to approach New, fearing that any attempts to get closer might push New to resign. However, Tay and Nanon had become closer, often playing together at the office when Nanon visited after school. Sometimes, Nanon stayed with his grandma when New had critical projects that kept him late at the office. Nanon had made friends at school, and New no longer had to call Nanon's teacher to give his son the phone to talk.

At the office, Namton caused occasional problems that went unnoticed by most, but New always managed to handle them. During this time, Tay learned that New had never married anyone, but he still didn't know how New had Nanon. Tay sometimes drove New home if it was really late. One thing Tay noticed about New was that he never came to the office during the rainy season; he worked from home instead. Everyone in the office knew about New's aversion to the rainy season, but no one knew why.

Nanon's fifth birthday was approaching, and he told his papa, "This year, I want to invite my friends to my birthday party." New smiled, "Okay, I'll talk to their parents and invite them."

Nanon added, "Can you ask Uncle Tay and Uncle Off to come too?"

New nodded, "Sure, I'll invite them. Anyone else you want to invite, son?"

Nanon thought for a moment and said, "No, that's it. And you'll ask Uncle In to come, right?"

New laughed, "If I don't invite him, he'll come anyway without an invitation."

Nanon grinned, "That day, I'll eat so much ice cream."

New shook his head, "No, that won't happen. You can eat one, but not many."

Nanon pouted, "I'll ask Uncle Tay to bring me ice cream secretly so you won't know."

New pretended to be stern, "Do you want me to cancel everything, Nanon?"

Nanon quickly replied, "Oh, papa, I'm kidding. I won't ask Uncle Tay to bring me anything."

New ruffled his son's hair, "Alright, time to sleep. I have a lot of work to do tomorrow."

Nanon closed his eyes and fell asleep. The next day, New invited Nanon's friends and called Off to invite him to the birthday party at the office after work. New also approached Tay, "Sir, tomorrow is Nanon's birthday, and he asked me to invite you. Can you come if you're free?"

Tay, who had a big meeting scheduled for that day, lied, "Yes, I'm totally free. No work that day."

New say, "Okay, then. I'm going home now; I have to arrange the party."

Tay offered, "Let me give you a ride."

New accepted, and they left together.

At the party, everyone arrived and wished Nanon a happy birthday, giving him gifts. Nanon played with his friends, and when Tay and Off arrived together, Nanon saw Tay and ran to him. Tay immediately picked Nanon up and asked, "Are you enjoying the party?" Nanon nodded enthusiastically, "Yes!"

Tay smiled, "What gift do you want, Nanon?"

Nanon shrugged, "Anything is fine. I'm just happy you came."

Off, standing nearby, joked, "Nanon, aren't you happy I came too?"

Nanon grinned, "Yes, I'm happy you came too, Uncle Off."

Off laughed, "Oh really? Then happy birthday, Nanon," and handed him a gift. "You can open it later."

At that moment, New's friend In entered, and Nanon ran to him, "Uncle In!"