part ⭐ 24

At home, they ate dinner together. After that, Tay said, "New, can I not go home today?"

New asked, "What do you mean? Where will you stay if you don't go home?"

Tay said, "Can I stay here tonight?"

New firmly replied, "No, absolutely not. Go home."

Tay pleaded, "Please, New, I don't want to go home today."

New sighed, "Then stay in the guest room. I'll tell Mom to prepare it for you."

Tay protested, "No, I want to sleep with Nanon, please."

New said, "No, that's not going to happen. Nanon doesn't sleep without me, and I'm not allowing you to sleep in my room."

Tay argued, "We slept together before."

New reminded him, "That was because there were no other rooms available at that time. But in my house, I have many guest rooms, so you don't have to worry."

Tay tried again, "But—"

New cut him off, "No buts. If you want to stay, stay in the guest room or leave and go to your house."

Tay conceded, "Okay, I'll stay in the guest room but not going home."

New nodded, "As you like."

Nanon came out of the kitchen, "Uncle, you didn't go home?"

Tay said, "I will stay here today."

Nanon smiled, "Yes, we will sleep together!"

Tay corrected him, "No, your papa won't allow me to sleep in your room. He says I have to sleep in the guest room."

Nanon turned to New, "Papa, let Uncle sleep with us, please. It will be fun, and Uncle can tell a story."

New said, "No, I'll tell you a story. Let him sleep in the guest room."

Nanon pleaded, "Please, Papa, let him."

New insisted, "No."

Nanon kept pleading, "Please, Papa," until finally, New relented, "Okay, then you two sleep together in the guest room. I'll sleep in my room alone."

Nanon protested, "No, that's not fair! I can't sleep without you." He hugged New's leg, looking sad.

New sighed, "You really are something. Okay, he can sleep with us."

Nanon smiled broadly, "Yes! Uncle, let's go. I already brushed my teeth. You have to tell me a good story."

Tay said, "Yes, I will tell you a good story."

Nanon held Tay's hand and led him to his room, while New shook his head and followed them, begrudgingly giving in because he couldn't bear to see his son sad.

In the bed, Nanon slept in the middle, with Tay and New on either side. After telling a story, Nanon fell asleep, and New did too. Tay kissed the sleeping Nanon on the forehead and whispered, "I love you, son. I can't imagine my life being this happy."

He got up, went to New's side, and placed his hand on New's head, stroking his hair gently. "I love you, New. You are really strong like Hin. Thank you for giving me this happiness. Just give me one chance to prove myself to you." He sat there for some time, holding New's hand and watching him sleep. "I don't know what the result will be, but I say this again: I will always be here for both of you."

After that, he went back to his side, lay down, and fell asleep.

The next day, New got up early as usual. He freshened up  and went to wake his son. "Baby, wake up."