5.7

George answers the door, I heard him snap at Lee because Lee was going to answer, thank god.

"Vivienne--" he stops when he sees my face.

I know I've been crying, but I don't care. I can't even process what just happened, I can barely process how much it hurts.

"Guys leave!" George snaps as he pulls me into a hug.

"Me too?" Fred asks.

"I'll let you know when you can come back, Freddie, yeah?" George lowers his tone with Fred.

I hear the door close and George pushes me away from him but holds my arms so he can still hold onto me.

"What happened, Vi?" he asks, oh so gently.

"I had detention, with the defense against the dark arts teacher... Malfoy ratted on me. She made me write lines, but the quill, it doesn't need ink, it needs--" I stop talking and hold up my hand so he can see.

I hear him sigh, "Oh, Vi.."

"It hurt so bad, Georgie..." I start to cry again.

"Come here, Viv," he guides me over to his bed and sits down, and guides me to his lay down in his lap. I don't hesitate. I want to feel safe.

He gently picks up my hand and looks at it. I feel his lips touch my knuckles. He's warm everywhere, then.

"I can give Malfoy something to make him sick, I can do anything you want," he offers, laying my hand down and pulling me close to his chest.

I don't respond. I don't know how to reply to anything, so I shake my head.

I feel so stupid and childish for crying over such a thing, but I just don't know what else to do.

"I don't want to go back to my common room," I managed to muster out after a minute.

"I know. You don't have to, alright? I can sleep with you on the couch again, I'll be there with you," he states.

I don't say anything, but that's all I want.

We lay there for a long time. George tries talking to me about quidditch, and stories from when he was a kid to cheer me up. He does get a few laughs.

"It's going to scar," I say.

"We can go to Madame Pomfrey if it does," he suggests.

I nod.

"For now though," he sits me up and goes to a drawer on his nightstand, "I have this."

He holds up a medical wrap, and gently wraps it around my hand.

"Better?" he asks.

I nod.

"Would you like to tell Professor Dumbledore?" he asks.

"No, he hired her, or at least I don't think he could fire her, she works for the Ministry," I remind him.

He nods.

"Okay, well, why don't we go get dinner with the others?" he suggests something again.

I nod to that option.

"Good, come on then," he holds out his hand, and I take it with my good hand.

+++

Fred is the first one to turn around when he hears walking down the stairs.

"Are you alright?" Fred asks, rushing over to me.

"Yeah, I'm alright. Did Harry speak with any of you?" I ask.