5.8

We make it to his office after what seems like ages, but when we do he wastes no time to slam the door and start quizzing me.

"What was that?" he snaps.

"George explained it pretty well actually. Malfoy is a git!" I sit on a stool.

"Miss. Allard, I suggest you give me answers, if you want yours," he bribes.

I sigh, "Draco threatened me when I first got here, so I set fire to his robes, but I put them out, and I wasn't aiming for his body. He obviously got mad, and I had detention with Umbridge, and it was cruel, and I confronted him, and I started to walk away, but he said something worse, and I snapped. That's really it!" I ramble.

I want his answers desperately, so desperately I'll rat myself out. He seems cruel, but not torture cruel, not like Umbridge.

"So you set him on fire?" Snape asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Not him, necessarily. His robes," I beat around the bush.

"Don't argue with me," he says slowly, "I heard you had detention with Umbridge, so I can't punish you for that, unfortunately. However, I can, and most certainly will, give you detention for fighting a fellow student."

"Yes sir," I nod.

"You will stay after class and clean up for a week, I don't care if you didn't make the mess. However, I don't want you making the mess worse, so you will start your detention on September sixth, get accustomed to everything."

That punishment seems mildly light for how Harry has described Snape, so I'm doubtful that's all.

"You also must apologize to Draco Malfoy."

I start to argue, but he stops me.

"That is only if you still care oh, so much for those answers you claim to deserve."

I force the following words out of my mouth, "Yes sir. I'll go see him as soon as I can."

"Good choice. You may leave now Miss. Allard. I also suggest you get your act together. It's only your second day, your father did not transfer you here to make a fool of yourself, nor did he die so you could be one," he hisses at me as I turn to leave.

I stop walking, but then continue. I can punch Malfoy, but not him. Not when he knows more than me, so I leave. I leave and avoid my Gryffindor friends all the way to the hospital wing.

++++

I feel my face get hot as I walk to the hospital wing. I can only hope I'll forget what Snape said, but I know I won't. I try to stop thinking about it, but the words manifest itself to remind me of that night I came home, and it just keeps going.

I see the doors to the hospital wing and I turn left into a not busy hallway and sink to the floor in between two pillars and under a window, so I'm relatively hidden.

I sit there as I feel my eyes start to burn and the wetness extends from my eye to my cheek. I wipe it away as soon as I notice.

You need answers. That was the half answer he gave you if you think about it. You can be distraught later, you have to get through this.

I've mastered calming myself down... when I have the chance to think. I haven't had my dad for a while nor my mom, so I've had to learn, and I did, just sometimes I don't have enough time to stop everything from happening.

I stand up and make my way back to the doors and I open them.

When I do I see three others besides Malfoy.