5.14

I wake up the next day and just throw on some ripped, black jeans, a gray tank top, and a cream colored jacket, and make my way down to breakfast.

Umbridge isn't there, so I go over to Gryffindor and sit in between Fred and George. Ginny is smirking, and Ron is avoiding eye contact.

"Morning," George says, groggily.

"You alright?" I ask him.

"Yeah, but I just had to deal with Ron pestering me the moment I walked into the common room last night," George glares at Ron.

"Ronald," I snap.

"What? I wanted to know his intentions," Ron says innocently.

"Thanks Ron, but I think I'm okay," I try to be nice.

"I'm sorry, but if he can't handle his own brother asking him, how is he going to handle your parents asking him?" Ron tries to make a joke.

I squeeze my hand, the one that rests on my leg into a fist. I feel my jaw tighten and I am fully aware of how hard my teeth are touching each other.

He doesn't know. He didn't mean it in a rude way.

I try to force a laugh, but it's hard. I am pretty sure George is the only one who is aware of everything. Fred knows a little bit, but not much.

"Yeah, I suppose," I force the words out.

I feel George watching me from his peripheral vision. I feel his hand over mine under the table, and I let my fist relax, so he can intertwine his fingers with mine.

"We better get going, yeah?" Fred, now reads the room.

"Where are you guys going?" Ron asks.

"Diagon Alley, scout out any empty buildings," George explains, "Don't worry Ron I'll have her home before dark."

Ron rolls his eyes, I hear small laughs from the others, but I get up following closely, but slowly behind George, who still has hold of my hand.

I hate still feeling like this over my parents, at least over my dad. It feels childish.

When we get further down from the Great Hall, I hear George tell Fred something and I watch Fred walk away toward the Grand Staircase.

"Where is he going?" I ask.

"He's just going to grab some money," George explains, "Are you alright?"

We are both sitting on a small bench that extends from the wall.

I nod, "It's stupid of me to get upset over a small joke."

"It's not stupid, Viv," George scoots closer, "It's not stupid at all. You lost both your parents. I think it would be stupid if you didn't care."

His arm is around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Fred just about popped Ron in the mouth for that comment," George informs me.

"Of course he did," I roll my eyes.

"If Ron knew, he'd feel awful, he would probably ask Fred to punch him," George kind of laughs.

"I'll tell him closer to the holiday," I state.

"You don't have to," George assures me.

"Thank you," I tell him.

"I told you to stop with that," he reminds me.

"Yeah, yeah," I shrug.

We see Fred rushing down the hall with a bag filled with galleons.