Year 6 Chapter 28

The moment we get to the Weasley's house after apparating with Mr. and Mrs. Weasley I see George running out the house.

This is the first time I've ever seen their house. They call it the Burrow. I don't have a

chance to look at it just yet, George practically jumps onto me, and pulls me into a tight hug, as if I was almost lost.

"We saw the Prophet! Merlin, thank Merlin you're all okay!" He's hugging me tighter as he talks, I know he looked at Ron and Ginny as he spoke though.

I hug him back, just as tight. Feeling safe for the first time since he left. The feeling of his warmth feels so familiar.

"I'm alright now Georgie," I tell him, talking into his chest.

He holds me by the arms, looking at me, looking at the bandages, "Thank Merlin."

He hugs Ron and Ginny, making sure they're both alright as well.

Ron and Ginny make their way inside, following behind their parents. I finally get a good look at their home.

It's a taller house. One with multiple layers to it. It resembles a tower, like it could be one of the extending castles off of Hogwarts, just with a country feel. I know it's just homey on the inside.

"Fred's inside, he's excited to see you, he was in the middle of counting up some galleons," George explains, taking my hand and leading me into the house.

Just as I thought, homey, crowded, the house has been lived in, but it's comforting to know that it has been made into something so personal.

"You want to tell us what happened?" Fred stands in the kitchen crossing his arms, much like a mother would.

Ron and Ginny stand there in front of him too.

"I hate to do this to you, Viv, but I am," Ginny says, tiredly, "You can take it from here."

I watch her drag Ron up stairs, saving him from Fred's motherly stance. I kind of laugh.

I sit down with them and explain as much of what happened as I can, in as much detail as I can. It was scary, I won't deny that, but I don't think it's fully hit me yet.

"I'm sorry we weren't there," Fred says.

"I'm glad you both are safe," I tell him, "I am too, so don't worry, now you both have some explaining to do! The shop?"

I read in one of their letters that they had started moving into a shop in Diagon Alley, but needed help setting everything up, and that it was going to be our project this summer.

They explain everything, what they've done, how they've done it, when they want it done. We get lost in the conversation and already two hours have gone by.

We've determined we want to open it in three weeks, which seems unlikely, but it is doable, we just work everyday, and if not then every other day. We make a list, a schedule, prices, and I use magic to make a small shop appear on the table in front of us, using it as a blueprint.

"We can start this on Sunday, give us all time to relax," Fred suggests.

We both agree.

They then give me a tour of the house and put my things in Percy's old bedroom.

"You sure you're alright?" George asks me, sitting on Percy's bed, while I unpack some of my things.

"I mean, yeah, I just feel awful for Harry, and it was scary, I just don't know how to process it," I explain, honestly.

"A lot of them were taken to Azkaban, including Lucius Malfoy, I know that might not help, but--" George informs me.

"No it helps," I answer, cutting him off.