6.35

I meet up with Blaise later that day, well more like he physically grabs my quill after I've signed my letter to George, pulling me away from what I was doing.

"Well? You want to come to this dinner thing on Saturday with me?" he asks right away.

I groan, "Who else will be there?"

"Some people from the other potions classes, and ours..." he avoids a direct answer.

"Who else? C'mon Zabini, or I say no, no matter what," I bribe.

He sighs, "Potter, Granger, and Weasley. Ginny, not Ron."

"Why not ask someone else?" I suggest.

"Because this way Pansy gets off your back more and I don't look like a complete bloke like Cormac from Gryffindor..." he pleads at the last bit of his sentence, "C'mon, ma, help your mate out?"

"Why not Luna?" I ask.

"She's busy, she's editing another edition of her articles. I swear I asked her already! Please, I'm desperate," Blaise begs.

I reluctantly answer, "Fine, fine. I'll go with you. You owe me a favor next then. Deal?"

"Fair trade! Thanks, Viv!" he says relieved.

"Whatever, Zabini," I roll my eyes.

He gives me a smile and makes his way upstairs, passing Draco on the way down.

"Ready?" he asks me.

"Sure, let's go find this thing..." I agree.

We leave the common room and start toward the owlery to drop off my letter, before we start wandering the castle.

On our way up the stairs I bump into someone. I feel Draco grab my letter from my hands and walk quickly up the stairs.

"Hey! What are you-" I stop when I see who I ran into, "Oh, sorry Harry."

"It's fine..." he says, unsure of what else to say, "What are you doing?"

"I was going to send an owl to George," I tell him.

"About?" Harry asks.

"Just updating him, telling him I made the quidditch team again, as all," I inform him.

He runs a hand through his hair, "That's good. I, uhm, I'm sorry about the other day. I didn't mean to be so rude, you know? It's just we haven't really heard from you much this year, so we were just--"

"It's fine. I get it. So, did you get into the Slug Club?" I ask, already knowing the answer.

"Yeah, yeah. I don't really want to go to the dinner party, but Dumbledore has asked me to get close with Slughorn, so I guess I have to," he explains.

I scoff, "Get close to him? Why?"

He shrugs, "Don't fully know yet, but it seems important. Anyway, did you?"

"Oh, Merlin, no. I'll be going to dinner though, Blaise asked me to go with him, so I guess I'll see you there then..." I say, trying to end the conversation.

"Well yeah, I guess I'll see you there," Harry nods, and I move so he can leave.

I rush up the rest of the steps, going inside the Owlery.

"Drac-" I start, but he pushes me lightly, making me jump, "Why were you just bloody standing against the wall?"

"I'm nosey. That conversation was painful by the way," he snarks.

"Tell me about it. Where's my letter?" I ask, not seeing it in his hand.

"I found your owl, I got it, don't worry. I just figured it's best if I stay here than go out there. I think that conversation would've ended poorly if he saw me fully," he explains.