5.9

The next week does eventually calm down. Umbridge has gotten her way with many things, but she has laid off targeting me, strangely enough so has Malfoy. I don't spend every night in Gryffindor, I mainly end up staying there on a whim, when Fred and George get together to scheme more, but it hasn't been much. Eventually, I am on my last day of detention with Snape.

After potions I once again stay behind, and tell Luna and Neville to go on. It's disappointing, but I get a pass to my next class if it takes that long.

I start by cleaning up my stuff because it's the easiest.

I turn around to Malfoy's table and for once it's all clean. They've left it surprisingly messy since the beginning of my detention, although I could never tell if it's only one of them or all of them whenever it has been messy. Today all that lies on their table is a torn half piece of paper. I start to crumble when I see writing on it.

Quidditch tryouts are earlier by the way. It got moved up to this coming week, due to it being too cold by the original time. -D.M.

Interesting... I want to form more thoughts, but I am interrupted by the office door opening.

Snape normally stays in his office, but today he came out which startled me.

"Professor?" I greet him, quizzically.

He waits a while to answer, "Draco tells me you apologized."

I nod, "Yes sir."

"I was surprised, but since you have done everything, except, I do wish your grades were higher in my class, but still they are passing, so if you still desire some answers, I suppose you may ask," he states blankly.

Part of me thinks it's a trick, but not even Fred and George would consider that an alright prank to pull.

"Yes, please, Professor Snape, if it's still on the table," I am practically begging.

"Please try to contain your desperation," he goes on, "You may see me after all your classes today."

"Yes, sir. Thank you," I respond, a little less eagerly.

I finish my job and continue through the rest of my classes.

++++

By the time astronomy is over I'm practically throwing my stuff in my bag. Harry has already started away with a couple other Gryffindors. I found out their tryout dates are a completely different day than Slytherin, which makes sense, but the bad thing is I will have to ask Malfoy.

I see him standing against the railing looking over Hogwarts and the grounds. I've seen him do this after this class a couple times.

I walk up to him after everyone else has gone.

"Did you write this note, well, I mean, did you write it for me to see?" I specify my question and stutter.

He turns to face me but stays leaning on the rail.

His bruises are a bit faded, but the one under his eye you can still see, and his eyebrow hasn't fully closed. I'm just now noticing that about his brow.

"Obviously, no one else had detention with Snape after class," he's in a mood today.

"I'm not being ungrateful, I'm trying to be the opposite, no need to be foul," I explain, "I was only wondering if you could tell me the day?"

He glances me over, quickly then answers, "On the twentieth after dinner."

He turns back around as a gust of wind hits us. I notice he kind of twinges his eyebrow.