Chapter 17 - edited

The alarms goes off at 5:30 waking me and Diamond, Avangolina and Alicia sleep right through it. Diamond and I spend ten minutes waking them up but they were still half asleep. I tell them that they can shower in the extra bathrooms and that they can borrow my clothes and they all nod sleepily and head off to the bathrooms. I take a quick shower in my bathroom and change into the outfit they picked out for me, then I went to look for them. Avangolina was still in the shower, Alicia was putting on a black skirt and blue tank top with black ankle boots, and Diamond was all done and dressed in a blue and white stripped dress with a lace back and black heels.

   "Hey." I say to her.

   "Hey, do you have a hairdryer & straightener?" She asks. I nod and lead her to my bathroom where I have a hairdryer, straightener and curling iron. I never used them because I don't know how to. "Thanks." She says while pulling in the straightener. I watch as she does her hair making her naturally curly hair go pin straight.

   "That's amazing." I say. I probably sound like a weirdo. She just laughs.

   "Haven't you ever straightened your hair?" She ask. I shake my head. "Well I can straighten it for you if you want." I nod my head like a small child just being rewarded with candy. She motions me over to a chair and tells me to sit. I feel the hot iron close to my head but I don't move, I don't want her to accidentally burn me. It takes about 30 minutes with all my hair but when she's done, my hair is perfectly straight. I gape at the result. It made my hair look longer and made the natural blonde highlights stand out more.

   "Thank you." I say to her.

   "No problem. It's fun to do other people's hair." She says with a smile.

   "Well you can do my hair any time." I say still staring at my hair. "We should head down for breakfast so that we're not late." I say finally dragging myself away from the mirror. I find Avangolina in the closet picking out an outfit that consists of jeans that stop mid thigh, and a pink tank top with black flats.

   "Hey, I'm going to make breakfast so when you're ready, just come to the first floor and follow the smell of food." I say with a laugh. They laugh with me.

   "Okay, and thanks for letting us borrow your clothes." Avangolina says motioning to her outfit.

   "No problem, I probably won't wear half this stuff, so you can borrow whatever you want." I say with a smile. They all nod and me and Diamond head to the kitchen where we are greeted with two shirtless guys.

  "Um guys? Did you forget something?" I ask averting my eyes and feeling my face heat up. Diamond just gapes at them.

   "No, we're good." They say at the same time.

   "Okay, so where are your shirts?" I ask still looking away.

   "Shirts are overrated." Christian says.

   "Why are you looking away, Liv? Scared you might like what you see?" Ransom says. I'm not looking at him, but I can tell he's grinning.

   "No, I just don't want to spoil my breakfast." I say, still not looking.

   "Oh come on." Ransom teases, coming closer to me. "Its nothing you haven't seen before." At that I hear four people gasp. I turn to see the girls and Christian all staring at us. They think we slept together now.

   "No, we did not sleep together." I say making my face heat up even more. Ransom laughs and moves closer until he is right up against my back. I can feel his body heat burning my skin.

   "Come on, Liv. Just one look." He says, teasing me.

   I turn and stare into his eyes, not looking any lower. "I looked, now go put a shirt on so that we're not late for school." I say still not looking anywhere else.

   Ransom grins at me. "But you didn't look where you wanted to look." He whispers in my ear, then he pulls away, kisses my nose, and goes upstairs. Christian follows after saying hello to the girls. We all gape and watch them walk up the stairs.

   "Oh my." Alicia says. "I'd like to get me one of those." I laugh.

   "Me too." Says Diamond. I laugh even more.

   "Me three." Says Avangolina. We all stare at her. She's supposed to be the most innocent here. "What? A girl can dream." She says.

   "You might not have to dream, Christian is right there." Alicia says with a grin.

   "What? What are you talking about? My parents would kill me!" She says in a high pitched girly voice, causing us all to laugh.

   "Avangolina, you are 18 years old, you can date whoever you want." Diamond says, still laughing. "I would go after Ransom, but he's all yours Liviana." She says with a smile.

    Now it's my turn to gape. "He's not mine. We're not together. We're not allowed to be." My voice is even higher than Avangolina's was. They laugh until the last part then they all ask questions at once.

    "Why not?" Diamond asks.

   "Who said so?" Avangolina asks.

   "Is it cause he's a hellhound?" Alicia asks.

   "Because it's forbidden, it's the law in Hell, and yes it is." I said, answering all their questions.

   "Why is it forbidden?" Alicia asks.

   "Because a child of a demon and hellhound is less likely to live than a child of a demon and demon. The child would be too powerful, just like the child of a demon and a witch. I wasn't supposed to be born. It's forbidden for a demon to marry anyone other than another demon. The child has a one in a thousand chance of living if it has any other mixture of blood in it besides demon. I can't risk my children dying." I say turning back towards the kitchen to get breakfast for everyone. They all follow as I pull bagels out of one of the cabinets and toast one for each of us and made eggs for all of us. They don't comment on what I said. Thank Satan.

        Alicia is the first to break the silence. "Wait so if your parents broke the rules, why can't you?" She asks.

        "My dad said that as long as I'm happy, then I have his blessing." I say while putting eggs on plates for them.

        "So what's stopping you from being together?" Avangolina asks.

        "For a relationship you need the two people to agree, and he doesn't like me like that." I say after handing each of them their plates.

        "YES HE DOES!" They all say at once. Then we hear the boys coming down the stairs, with proper clothing this time. I'm both thankful and a little disappointed.

        "Yes who does what?" Ransom asks.

        "Nothing." I say, ducking my head and eating my eggs. "There's some for you guys if you want it." I say still not looking up.

        I feel Ransom's eyes on me but I can't look at him or else he'll see the truth. He can't know or else it will ruin our friendship.

        We all eat in silence, he never takes his eyes off of me, and once we're all done I put the dishes in the sink and rinse them off. He tries to get me to look at him but I still can't. Finally it's time to leave.

        We all go outside with our school bags, Avangolina and Alicia get in Alicia's car, Diamond gets in hers, Christian gets in his truck, and Ransom and I get on the motorcycle. I wrap my arms around him, thanking that I still have him, even if not in the way I want. We go to the school and we all park next to each other. Everyone stares at us as if we sprouted horns and wings. Well I can sprout wings, but I didn't. I think to myself. Ransom puts his arm around my shoulder, sensing my anxiety rising. I look up at him and smile, he smiles back. Hopefully this day goes by fast.

Edited on June 11, 2016