Chapter 5 - edited

*Ransom's POV*

I grasp Liviana's small, pale hand in my larger one. She seems so delicate, as if I could break her as easily as glass. I probably could because of how small she is. I made sure she put her wings away so that she didn't try to fly away in midair. She has done that before and she laughed as I fell to the water by myself. I wasn't mad though, I laughed it off because it was Liviana, and I couldn't stay mad at her. Especially not when she smiles at me like she does. All perfect. Glowing with happiness and not having to try to be a perfect princess and worrying about being proper.

I loved to see her completely relaxed. We've known each other since we were one so I know when she is stressed. Which is often. She constantly has to worry about the possibility of her messing up. But when she is relaxed and away from the castle, like right now, she is the most beautiful thing that could be created. Anyone in the kingdom would agree with me. But she never realizes how lovely she really is. When I saw her in that dress today, she looked like an angel.

[Haha get it? Cause she's a hell princess but she looked like an angel. Nvm, back to the story, continue reading if you didn't just immediately start hating me.]

I have always been fascinated by her. Especially when she doesn't know that I'm paying attention to her. I can't let her know how I feel. She wouldn't even want to be my friend afterward. I would be kicked out of the palace for breaking the rules. I know it's forbidden to be with royalty when you are not, but you can't help where your heart takes you. And my heart took me to Liviana, I just can't act on those feelings. She would never return my feelings.

I'm pulled out of my daydream when I feel the cold water of the lake hit me and Liviana. I forgot that we were still falling toward the water. Even after we are completely under water I don't let go of her hand. I want to keep her as close as possible. After we both run out of breath, we go to the surface and look at each other, still holding hands. Its only after she gently tugs in my hand that I let go. Damn, I wish she wouldn't have pulled away. I think to myself. Then she swims over to the rocks with our clothes and pulls herself into a rock. I grit my teeth, wanting to go to her, but I stay put.

"What are you doing, Liv?" I ask with the smile that I know she loves.

"I'm starting to dry off since we have to leave soon. I can't have my hair being wet, then my dad will know I didn't stay in the castle, and you know how he is." She says with the small smile that is naturally on her face.

"Got it, you don't want to swim with me anymore. It's okay, I understand." I say, feigning hurt.

"Why don't you get out and dry off with me?" She says with a grin.

So that I can admire your body closer? I want to say but stop myself. She's probably right, I should dry off. But I can't make myself swim to the rocks. I can see her full body from here. She is very small, but she is also fit. She looks as if she were kissed by the moon because of how pale she is. She is blemish free with a few freckles on her nose, but you can't see them unless your up close. She looked like a normal human girl. The only thing that marked her as different were the scars on her back where her wings cut her when she first got them. I remember that day like it was yesterday and seeing them made me think back to that day.

****
I was in the library waiting for Liviana, she was never late, except for today. I decided to go look for her in case something happened. I was about twenty feet from her door when I heard her scream. My blood froze. I thought a rogue demon had gotten in and got her. When I opened the door she was on the floor crying, with her father, her maids, and the castle nurse around her. They all looked at me, even Liviana. Her face relaxed a little when she saw me. "Ransom, please, it hurts." She said as tears ran down her face.

Her father came over to me. "She is getting her wigs, she is in a lot of pain. I know you two are close, could you please help us calm her down. The pain will be worse if she keeps crying." He spoke to me hurriedly. I nodded my head. I didn't want her in pain. I walked over to her, pulled her onto my lap, and started to rock her. She slowly calmed down and the tears soon stopped. I realized she had fallen asleep, probably from the pain and exhaustion from crying. I rubbed her back but she made a whimpering noise as if I hurt her. I stopped and pulled my hand away. When I did I saw blood and two long gashes on her back. I looked up to her father with wide eyes.

"Why is she bleeding?" I asked with anger laced in my voice.

"Her wings were too big for her body to handle. Thy cut her, but she will be fine. She should have small wings but hers are going to be bigger than mine, I don't know why. She will heal but it'll take a few days. Can you stay with her so that she doesn't panic again? You were the only one who could calm her. She even tried to hit me." He said with a small smile as he stroked her hair. He may seem like a mean guy when you first see him, but he does really love Liviana. He was crushed when his wife died and would die of anything happened to Liviana.

"Yes sir, I'll watch her until she is better." I agree. I don't want her to be hurt ever again. "I know you will." I hear her father mumble as I lay her down on her bed and sit beside her. That night I vowed that I would keep her safe no matter what. She is mine and I will protect her with my life.

****

I'm pulled out of my memory by Liviana splashing me with water in the face.

"You okay? You look kind of lost." She says with worry in her voice.

I smile at her. "I'm perfect. Let's get going so that your dad doesn't yell at us." I say, she laughs. I love her laugh, it sounds like music.

"My dad loves you, he won't yell at you, only me." She says with a huge smile.

"Maybe but that's only because everyone is a victim to my charms." I smirk at her.

"Whatever, let's go.* we get dressed in silence, but we're both smiling.

"I'll beat you to the castle." She says in one breath and takes off. I watch as her beautiful figure disappears behind the tree line.

I quickly switch to wolf form and starting running. You are going to be the death of me, Liviana. I think to myself as I run after her. As I run after my one and only love.

Edited on June 10, 2016