Chapter 37 - edited

**Liviana's POV**

After my little episode when Ransom and I were walking into the lunchroom, I made it through the rest of the day without throwing up again. I felt sick in English but it passed when I drank some water and chewed gum. After school, Ransom and I took Christians truck instead of the motorcycle in case I felt sick again. We stopped at a store down the street from the house and bought ginger ale and plain crackers for me and lunch meat for dinner since no one wanted to cook. As we were in line to pay for our stuff, I started to flip through a wedding magazine while Ransom put the items on counter and the lady starts to ring them up. Before I came to the human world I had never been to an actual store where you had to buy food, we had maids that did it. But I found I like to pick out my own things, I'll have to do this even when we get back home.

"When's the wedding?" The lady asks and I look up at her. She looks about thirty and has smile lines around her mouth.

"Around the end of December." Ransom answers with a smile.

"Oh a winter wedding, amazing! You two are such a cute couple! Reminds me of my husband and I when we were planning our wedding." She says and grins at us.

"Thank you." Ransom and I say at the same time, making us all laugh.

"How far along are you?" The register lady asks me and I look at her with confusion.

"Pardon?" I ask with a raised eyebrow.

"You can't be more than a few weeks with how small you are. I remember my first one. I was sick the first five months, but she was worth it. Such a beautiful girl she was. She's off to college now but it feels like it was only a couple of months ago. Do you think it's a boy or girl?" She asks me and I look at Ransom who's jaw is dropped. I laugh and turn back to the lady.

"I'm not pregnant." I say and her eyes widen.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I just assumed because of the ginger ale and crackers. You're not big so I just thought you were only two or three weeks. I'm so sorry." She says, shaking her head and bagging the items. I laugh and hold my hands up.

"It's okay. I just have a stomach bug. But your daughter sounds wonderful. Congratulations." I say and she mumbles a 'thank you' and hands us our change and bags. I put the magazine back and smile at the lady as we leave, she smiles back but she still looks embarrassed. Ransom takes the bags from my hands, not letting me hold any and grasps my hand in his, pulling me towards the truck.

"Ransom, why are you pulling me? Are you forgetting that I have shorter legs than you?" I yell at him and he just turns around and picks me up, carrying me on his shoulder. "What the hell are you doing? Put me down!" I scream at him.

"She's my girlfriend, I'm sorry." I hear Ransom say and I look up to see a middle-aged couple looking at us curiously.

"Hi, sorry." I say and wave at them then turn back to Ransom. "Can you put me down now, I'm starting to feel sick again." I say and I hear a car door open and Ransom gently places me on the truck bench. He hands me the bottle of ginger ale and some crackers and I drink slowly. Ransom watches me until I put the cap back on then he takes the bottle from my hands.

"Lay down." He says and I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What?" I ask and he pushes me down till my back hits the seat. I watch as he rolls my shirt up to just under my breasts. "What are you doing?" I ask him as he lays his head on my flat stomach. "Ransom, get up. What are you doing?" I ask him again and try to push his head away, but he catches my hands and pushes them down to my sides.