Chapter 43 - edited

**Ransom's POV**

I watch as Liviana and the girls run up the steps. I turn back to the guys and Liv's parents to see they are already looking at me.

"How long were you guys planning this?" I ask Christian and Christopher and they grin at me.

"Since the day you two announced that you guys were going to have a real wedding." Christian said and I shake my head at them.

"You know Liv's gonna kill both of you right?" I say to them and they both nod their heads. At least they know.

"Ransom, we wanted to talk to you before the ceremony, if you don't mind." Katarina says to me with a smile.

"Of course, your majesty." I say and bow towards her, which she laughs at.

"None of that. You're going to be my son in law so you're just as royal as me." She says as she leads me to the kitchen with her husband following behind us.

"What was it that you wanted to talk to me about?" I ask nervously. I've never had to speak with both of them at the same time before, it's nerve racking.

"We wanted to talk to you about Liviana." Lucifer says and I look at him with wide eyes.

"What is it? It's she in trouble?" I ask, wondering if they know something that we don't.

"No more trouble than she already has been. We heard she was sick yesterday and we wanted to explain why." Katarina says and I shake my head at her.

"We already know why. A tracker was watching us and I attacked him once I found him. I ingested some of his blood and Liv felt the effects because of our bond. But she's better now, all the side effects are gone." I tell them and they shake their heads at me.

"I knew she wouldn't know yet." Katarina mumbles.

"Yes, but it also hasn't been for too long. I was hoping she had already found out so we didn't have to tell her." Lucifer says.

"I knew there was a chance she wouldn't know, I was hoping the signs would be clear to her. But we have to tell her sooner or later, she needs to know before it happens. She needs to be prepared." Katarina says as she places a hand on her husband's arm. It must be weird to see your dead wife after almost sixteen years. I followed their conversation and didn't interrupt until they looked at me.

"What it's going on? What does Liviana need to prepare for? And what do you need to tell us?" I ask and they smile at me sadly.

"We didn't come here just for your wedding. We came to give you two a message before anything happens." Katarina says and turns to the king. "Do you want to tell him?" She asks him and the king shifts on his feet, looking slightly uncomfortable. Oh Satan, this is definitely not good if the king is uncomfortable. I think to myself as he clears his throat and looks at me.

"I know you love my daughter and what you have done for her since you all have come to earth and I am extremely grateful for everything you have done." Oh no, he's not going to let us get married. I knew it was to good to be true. They would never allow the princess to marry a mutt. I think to myself but I keep my face blank as Lucifer keeps talking. "I know what you're thinking right now and no I am not forbidding your marriage to my daughter." He says and grins at me.

"Thank you, sir." I say as I release the breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Don't thank me. I don't think I would be able to even keep you two apart if I tried. I wanted to tell you that I am happy that you have taken care of Liviana and that you make her as happy as you do. But there is something you need to know before you get married. Liviana is-" He says but gets interrupted by Rosalinda running in.