Chapter 56

*Ransom's POV*

I wake up feeling sore all over my body. I can barely move my head. It's completely dark in this room but I can tell by the bed that it's my room in our house.

"Oh good. You are awake." I hear a female voice say from beside my bed and I turn my head to see Alicia sitting there.

"What the hell happened? Where is Liviana?" I ask in a raspy voice.

"What do you remember last?" She asks with a cautious voice, as if something big happened and she wasn't sure how to tell me.

"I don't know. I remember Abel stabbing me but everything afterwards feels like a dream. I don't know what is real or not." I tell her as I furrow my eyebrows, trying to remember what happened last night.

"Well, I'll start by saying you've been asleep for two weeks." She says and my head snaps up at her.

"What the hell do you mean I've been asleep for two weeks?" I ask, my voice rising a little.

"When Abel stabbed you, you had a really bad reaction to the iron. I had to give you my blood to heal you and you slipped into a coma-like state after you started to heal." She tells me but I just get more confused.

"Why did you give me your blood?" I question.

"Well, apparently, I'm your half sister. We have the same dad." She mumbles and I shoot up, sitting straight and staring at her.

"What the fuck?" I practically shout at her.

"Hey, that's just what I was told. I thought I was an only child but now, I'm not sure." Alicia says, holding her hands up and shaking her head. "We can get a DNA test if you want." She offers. I can't help but laugh.

"That's something I would say." I tell her and she smiles at me. "Anyway, where is Liviana?" I ask and her smile falters as if she has bad news. "Oh no. What the hell happened to her? Where is she?" I ask trying to get out of the bed but she stops me.

"She is fine, stay calm. I'm trying to figure out a way to tell you without freaking out." I try to relax my now tense body, but I know I wont be fully calm until I'm next to Liviana. "Well, you know how you two have a bond? And you can feel each other's pain and stuff?" Alicia asks slowly.

"Yeah." I answer and she takes a deep breath before looking around the room as if looking for a way to escape having to tell me what happened.

"Well, because of the bond, the babies felt the affects of the iron knife and Liv was feeling the pain since she's the one carrying them. So Avangolina healed Liv and the babies but since she was only able to heal Liv's body, Liv kind of slipped into a coma like you did cause her mind needs to heal and she's still asleep. But Katarina and Rosalinda said she's going to be okay and so are the babies so you shouldn't worry. They told me to tell you to relax and that they'd come and get you to take you to Liv." She says in one breath and I jump out of the bed.

"Where is she?" I ask, walking to the door.

"Hey! They said stay here!" Alicia tells me, but I ignore her and move towards the door.

"I'm leaving this room either way so you might as well tell me or I'm just going to track her down myself." I respond and reach for the door knob. Alicia runs to stand in front of me and slams the door closed and stops me.

"She is fine, they said stay here." She tells me and I frown at her.

"Alicia, you may be my sister but you can't stop me from leaving this room. You might as well come with me." I tell her and she sighs at me.