Chapter 35 - edited

It's the Thursday before the Halloween ball and everyone at school is going crazy about it. We all had our stuff so we didn't have to worry about doing anything last minute. The girls and I made our hair and nail appointments for the day off the ball right after school. The teachers gave us a half day so that we all would be ready to go and so everyone could get to the ball on time. Apparently, they have a king and queen of the Halloween ball, I just find that strange. Humans have weird traditions. They crown people as totals for one night only and then it goes away. Strange to me but apparently they do it every year. Alicia told me that Anna Jane, the school's most popular girl, has been the winner for the past three years. Everyone votes for her because they're scared of her or they worship her. Probably both.

I'm sitting in the school library waiting for Ransom to do something for our free period. We go to either the pizza place or the house for lunch since the food here sucks. I'm looking at a wedding magazine that has a bunch of different ideas for winter weddings. Ransom and I only decided on the day and theme. It'll be on December 24th and the theme is winter wonderland. It's only two months away so we're trying to plan everything as soon as possible. We still need to do the invites, my dress, his tuxes, the bridesmaids dresses, groomsmen tuxes, flowers, and find a place to have everything at. We we're thinking about just having the reception at our house and have an outdoor wedding but since it'll be winter we might have it in a hall or the house. My mom and grandmother said they would take me and the girls dress shopping in November after the Halloween ball.

"Liv, come outside. I have a surprise." Ransom says through our mind link.

"What is it?" I ask back as I put my books in my bag and wave good bye to the librarian.

"It's a surprise, but hurry up. I'm freezing out here." He says and I can't help but laugh. It's gotten colder the longer we've been here. Even though I said we still have seasons in Hell, it never got below about 50 degrees. I run outside to see Ransom standing by the motorcycle with a box in his hands. When he sees me, he puts the box down and I run into his arms, him catching me and spinning me in circles.

"I missed you, princess." He says and I laugh.

"It's only been, like, two hours." I say and he frowns at me.

"That's three hours too long." He says as he gives me a small kiss.

"So what's in the box?" I ask when he puts me back on the ground.

"Your surprise." He says and hands it to me. Inside I find a white rose in it. I'm about to say thank you to him but something shiny catches my eye. I slowly lift the rose out of the box and something metal falls into the ground. I go to go pick it up but Ransom stops me and kneels on one knee. Ransom looks up at me and grins, taking my hands in his as my eyes widen when I see the object in his hands. A diamond ring.

"Ransom?" I say in a hushed voice. "That's a ring." I say and he laughs at me.

"Yes it is. I know it's something that humans do but the girls said I should get one. So I hope you like it. Liviana, I want you to know that I love you and I will love you for the rest of my life. I can't tell you how often you are in my thoughts. Everything about you amazes me. Your beauty, intelligence, grace, loyalty, and bravery make you who you are and it makes me love you even more. I can't wait to live in our own house, with our own family. I can't wait to wake up to your face everyday, to have you next to me every night, for you to carry our children, and everything else that husbands and wives do together. So please, Liviana, will you marry me, for real?" Ransom finishes and looks at me with hope in his eyes. As if I could ever say no to that. With tears in my eyes, I nod slowly and Ransom jumps up and tackles me in a hug. I let the tears roll down my face and he wipes them away, taking my left hand in his, slowly sliding the ring down my ring finger. When I look up at Ransom's face, I see that he has tears in his eyes.

"Ransom, why are you crying?" I ask while cupping his face with my hand. He kisses my hand and places his forehead on mine.

"I just can't believe that you said yes." He whispers.

"As if I could ever say no to you." I say, making him laugh.

"Very true. You could never deny this face." Ransom says in a deep voice.

"I could if I wanted to." I say with a grin.

"No you couldn't." He says and winks at me. "But come on, we don't want to miss the rest of the day, now do we?" He says, pulling me towards the school. I follow after him, but pause when I remember the ring and rose.

"Should I put the rose in my locker or keep it with me?" I ask him.

"You can put it in your bag so you don't forget it." He says and kisses my forehead.

"And what about the ring?" I ask and he grins at me.

"Keep it on so everyone knows you're mine." Ransom says and I blush, just nodding. He laughs and continues to just walk to the door. Just as we enter the school I see something move out of the corner of my eye. I turn but I don't see who or what it was.

"What is it, Liv?" Ransom asks in a concerned voice. I shake my head, not really knowing what it was.

"I think something was watching us." I say, still staring towards the thing that moved. "But I don't know who is was." I finish, turning back to Ransom to see his eyes wide. He pushes me into the school and shuts the door between us.

"Go to class I'll be right back. Don't leave without Christian or Christopher or the girls, okay?" He asks quickly and I nod. Before I can ask him what he's doing, he runs off to where I say the something move.

"Stay safe, Ransom."

Edited on June 11, 2016