Noah~ Liberation

Waking up warm and comfortable had Noah refusing to open his eyes, even with his bladder threatening to explode if he didn't empty it asap.

It took him a good 20 seconds of blissful cuddling to remember that it was not a thick, warm blanket surrounding him, but Mitch, whose arm was wrapped protectively over Noah, his hot breath blowing on Noah's neck.

A chill ran down his spine as his body and front immediately stiffened at the closeness he'd thought was a dream the night before. Panicking some, he contemplated his escape without waking, and therefore having to face, Mitch.

Slipping out as slowly as possible, Noah felt relief and sadness from their broken contact as his body cooled. Mitch was like a furnace! Looking at his sexy sleeping face, he felt his hand twitch with the want to trace his jawline, and he wished he hadn't been so hasty to leave the weight of Mitch's body.

He stirred slightly, causing Noah to panic rush to the bathroom and lock the door; grateful for the temporary barrier between them again.

Stretching above him, he realized that his body was better rested than he could ever remember being, and he checked himself out in the mirror, tracing Mitch's arm imprint on his own as his heart blipped with a deep want.

Turning on the water, he ran the last days events through his mind on replay.

Never had he thought that he would meet someone that he really wanted to be around, that he really wanted to put all his trust in just by the way he made him feel. Protected. The same way Grace made him feel, but to a higher degree somehow, and much quicker.

Even though he knew, deep down, that there was still a lot more to learn about the man, he couldn't stop his mind from wanting to imagine a life with Mitch in it, with them together, taking fun road trips and joking around.

It had been the best time he'd ever had, and the first time he hadn't felt like a burden, or a toy for someone else. He could tell that Mitch truly wanted and enjoyed being in his company, and it was an unfamiliar and addicting feeling.

The more he thought about it, the more his mind and heart wanted him.

His face reddened as he thought again of the night before and Mitch's kind, gentle words and touch. It had been straight from a romance novel, and the more he thought of it, the more he realized he'd never experienced such care and kindness directed at him in such a way.

A way that actually comforted and soothed his deepest fears that he couldn't escape, especially during sleep.

It had been weeks since he'd had his, what used to be daily, night terrors, and it worried him that they had come back so suddenly, and with such force the evening before. Especially with how vivid the dream was. He could have sworn Lulu had been in the room, watching him angrily from the corner.

He shivered and removed his clothes to climb into the hot steaming shower. He knew he needed to focus his thoughts on positive things, as he didn't want to have another dream episode the next night, not with the little one that would be with them.

He thought of little Rowan again, wondering what he would look like. He couldn't stop himself from imagining a little boy in his arms with Mitch's arms around his waist and a big, crooked smile on his face as they walked into a grocery store.

"Hey Noah? I'm going down to grab a bagel or whatever little breakfast thing they have going on downstairs, you want anything?"

Noah practically jumped out of his skin and blushed like crazy as his mind ripped from it's impossible dreamland and back to reality.