Mitch~ Gift

Mitch tried hard to concentrate on what Amelia could have gotten for him, as his mind was torn between worrying after Rowan and feeling turned on by the heated looks Noah had been shooting his way the entire afternoon.

He was not only shocked that Amelia had something for him, but that it also required them to take an elevator back down to the main floor, and as they reached an unfamiliar area, they finally arrived at a large, frosted glass door.

Amelia looked winded, and Mitch and Noah both held either side of her as an attendant opened the door.

"This is to be your new office space for all the work I have planned to keep you busy, should it suit you. Can't have you worrying about your finances with little Rowan to care for now."

The words were difficult to register as he took in the three rooms off the main, waiting area-style space, complete with a small front desk counter. As he investigated the first, biggest room, he recognized all types of equipment and books from his office that had belonged to the company when he'd left.

It looked even better than his old office building and contained enough space and equipment for at least 2 more people besides himself. Mitch's imagination went into overdrive as his heart pounded in his ears. It all felt like a dream.

Amelia sat on a comfy brown couch as Mitch looked at her in bafflement.

"How?"

"I made sure to call up your old boss and let her know that I am connected to at least 7 of their most high-profile clientele, and should they not cooperate with my demands, I would be convincing as many of them as possible to take their business elsewhere."

Mitch marveled at the influence as he took in the main room once again.

Noah's tug from behind brought him to start walking around and take everything else in in depth, and he found there was a small meeting room and another empty room that Mitch could make into whatever suited him best.

The mixture of guilt and appreciation was overwhelming, as another part of his brain imagined using the space for as long as it took to get his own firm off the ground. It was the first time in his life that he felt his most impossible dream was within grasp.

His own firm.

It was inspiring, and he let his mind wander with more visions of his future and the things he could provide for his finally growing family.

The thought of Rowan had Mitch instinctively checking his phone.

There was a small video from Ash that showed the little one on the floor playing with some different sized blocks and giggling.

"Awww. He's happy."

Noah's words as he peeked at the video and put a hand on his back helped Mitch feel even more reassured that Rowan was in good, safe hands, and he smiled as he put one of his arms through his lovers, and the other in salute towards Amelia.

"I don't deserve this, but solemnly swear to respect the space, and pay you rent on it until I can grow my business enough to have my own stand-alone building, and maybe even a partner or two someday!"

"Anything you dream you can achieve, with a friend like me to help fuel it, that is."

Amelia's wink as she continued had Noah chuckling.

"You're a darn good lawyer, and I'm proud to have someone like you to represent me. I know others will flock to you when they discover what a hidden jewel I've discovered. The only rent I need is a pro-bono case or 2 a year, once you have the appropriate staff. Just because I think the giving spirit is contagious, and it can only do good. By the way, I do have a candidate, when the time IS right, though if you just wish to do a trial run, I think that would be wonderful as well."