Noah~ One Month Later

ONE MONTH LATER

"Na! Na!"

Stirring from his sweet dream to Rowan's voice and body squishing him, was probably his new favorite way to be woken up.

"Heyy my Row Row."

Abby's nickname had stuck, and now Row Row was the go-to nickname used by everyone close enough to be called friends.

"He insisted. I made breakfast. Scrambled eggs."

Mitch making a puking sound from the doorway had Noah chuckling.

"Just because you had a bad incident with undercooked scrambled eggs that ruined your palate, doesn't mean I have to suffer the same fate, my love."

He felt a sense of satisfaction as his words affected a flash of crooked smile that always got his insides churning.

Holding up a dirtied spatula and flinging a small piece of egg onto the carpet by the doorway, Mitch looked surprised and then laughed as Rowan scrambled from the bed to vacuum the piece into his ever-consuming mouth.

"That's why I make sure to always cook them for you. So you never have to experience the horror."

"Well, I appreciate that. In fact. I appreciate you. You're amazing, you know that?"

"I dunno about all that. Haha. But you feel free to remind me as much as possible, if only to brainwash yourself into staying with me always."

Noah's heart soared.

"You must know by now you're stuck with me. I'm much too attached now that you've saved my life and all."

"Hmmm. Perfect. Then my plan is working. See you in a minute, my sweet."

Mitch's evil laugh as he directed Rowan from the room and closed the door behind them had Noah chuckling as he rose and stretched.

His fairy tale life was real, and he was still having a hard time believing it.

Waking the month before from what had seemed a horrible dream more than an actual experience, Noah had been more than relieved to see that he was with Mitch in his bedroom, no Lulu in sight.

He felt confident that if he hadn't saved him, he would have been dead and gone, or severely injured, and still stuck with her.

Lulu's face in his mind sent a shiver down his spine, and his head throbbed for a second in memory of that horrible day. He couldn't wait for their future court date with Mitch by his side; Though he knew she was already free on bail, and that was the main reason he had been acting a hermit inside their new house.

When Noah had finally woken, Mitch had almost immediately insisted they buy a house to live in. One with gates and a security system.

It didn't take long at all to find one conveniently located a mile from Amelia's property. So, they relocated with the help of Ash, Gregory, Grace, and Reagan, as well as Rowan and Abby, whose joy in everything had made the moving process that much more memorable.

Even after 2 weeks, the house felt more like home than any place he'd ever lived, and he knew there were many years of happy memories to be made in it.

Hearing a shriek from the other side of the doorway as Mitch chased Rowan down the hallway had Noah jumping up from the warm bed and getting dressed for the day.

The smell of eggs was heavenly as he opened the door and grabbed at Rowan just in time to stop him from hitting the wall.

"Where you going, buddy?"