01. His Gaze Was Fixed On Her

"His gaze was fixed on her like she's the oxygen he needs to breathe

"His gaze was fixed on her like she's the oxygen he needs to breathe."

________________________

A U T H O R

"Happy Birthday!" Sanvi wishes Ahvi.

"Thank you," Ahvi responds to her roommate.

"Let's cut the cake," Sanvi suggests.

"Yes," Ahvi replies, lighting all the candles.

Then, they hear a thumping on the door.

"I guess it's our girls," Sanvi says as she opens it.

And boom! The whole girl gang bursts into the room with balloons, cake, and candles.

"Happy Birthday!" they all shout.

"Thank you," Ahvi says, hugging them all.

Since she lives in a hostel as a engineering student, her family isn't with her. But her friends are there to celebrate her birthday.

"This is such a surprise!" Ahvi exclaimed, smiling at everyone.

"We couldn't let your birthday go by without a celebration," said Riya, handing her a beautifully wrapped gift.

"Open it!" shouted Anjali, practically bouncing with excitement.

Ahvi tore open the wrapping paper to find a lovely journal and a set of colorful pens.

"Thank you so much, everyone. This is perfect," she said, feeling touched.

"Now, let's get to the cake!" Sanvi insisted, bringing the cake to the center of the room.

They gathered around, and Ahvi blew out the candles, making a silent wish.

"Speech! Speech!" the girls chanted, laughing.

"Okay, okay," Ahvi said, holding up her hands. "Thank you all for making my birthday so special. I'm really lucky to have friends like you. Here's to many more celebrations together!"

"Cheers!" everyone shouted, raising their glasses of soda.

"So, what's the plan for the rest of the night?" asked Priya, taking a sip from her glass.

"I was thinking we could have a movie marathon," Sanvi suggested. "I brought a few of our favorites."

"Sounds perfect!" Ahvi said, feeling excited. "What did you bring?"