11. Nervous

I've got my eye on you

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

K A R T I K

"Lili, come on," I called out after putting on my shoes. We were heading to her college first, then I had to go to the office.

She appeared a moment later, dressed in a cute white frock. I couldn’t help but smile at how sweet and innocent she looked.

"Let's go," I said, picking up the car keys.

"I need—" she started, and I turned to look at her.

"What do you need?" I asked.

"Money," she replied, sounding a little hesitant. I smiled, pleased that she was finally asking me for something.

"How much?" I asked, taking my Wallet out.

"Anything," she answered, still unsure.

"For what do you need it?" I asked again, wanting to know her reason.

"I just don’t have any money," she admitted quietly. I thought about giving her some pocket money for her, but I decided not to give her.

I wanted her to feel comfortable asking me directly; it made me happy knowing she relied on me.

"Okay," I said, pulling out my wallet. I took out some cash and handed it to her.

She accepted it without saying much, and we headed out the door together.

Then I drove her to college, and after a short while, we arrived. She opened the door to get out.

"I don't want to see you with any guy," I said, reminding her of last time when she was with someone.

After that, I headed to my office and started my usual routine. Yesterday, she apologized to me for what happened, and it made me happy. She was finally opening up and talking to me. And today, she even asked me for money, which felt like a positive step forward. Everything was falling into place.

What she doesn’t know is that the person who messaged her yesterday was me.

Yes, it was me.

I used to send her similar messages even before we got married, but she never mentioned it.

I do it because I want her to talk to me, to share her problems, which she still struggles to do. That’s why I send those unsettling messages, hoping that when she faces problems, I can solve them and make her feel protected with me.