12. Scolding

I'll love you 'til the day that I die'Til the day that I die'Til the light leaves my eyes'Til the day that I die

'Til the day that I die
'Til the light leaves my eyes
'Til the day that I die

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A H V I

"Am ready," I said, standing in front of him as we prepared to leave for our Paris vacation. Everything was packed, and he sat on the sofa, scrolling through his phone with our bags ready beside him. When he finally looked up at me, I expected a smile or a comment, but instead...

"Change that," he said abruptly.

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Your dress," he replied, barely glancing away from his phone.

"Why?" I asked, feeling taken aback. I loved this dress—it was cute and perfect for the trip.

"It's sleeveless, and the blouse is too short," he said, now looking directly at me.

I was stunned. He had never commented on my outfits before, not even when I wore much shorter dresses before our marriage.

"We're going to be late," I tried to brush off his comment, feeling flustered and nervous with this sudden change.

"Lili, go and change," he repeated, this time his voice more stern, leaving no room for argument.

I walked to the bedroom and looked at myself in the mirror. The dress was perfect, exactly what I wanted to wear. But... I couldn't say no to him. With a sigh, I pulled out a dark green kurti and quickly changed. After fixing my hair, I made my way back to the living room.

"Perfect, let's go, Lili," he said with a smile, kissing my forehead before we stepped out of the house.

"Bags?" I asked, just to make sure we had everything.

"I already put them in the car," he replied as he locked the door behind us.

We headed to the parking area, where he opened the car door for me. I sat inside, and soon enough, he was driving us towards the airport, the start of our Paris vacation ahead of us.

༻❀✿❀༺

After what felt like an eternity of traveling, we finally reached Paris. Over a day of flights and layovers had left me completely exhausted.

"Wanna eat something?" he asked as soon as we landed. I nodded eagerly. I was starving—travel always left me hungry.

"Sit here until I come back," he instructed, pointing to a nearby chair. I sat down, feeling the weight of exhaustion in my legs.

"Just don't move from here," he added firmly before walking off to get food. I smiled to myself, knowing how protective he could be, and waited patiently.