04. His Lili

"Never did I realize how deeply a girl could hold such power over my heart

"Never did I realize how deeply a girl could hold such power over my heart."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

K A R T I K

“Sir, it’s 1:30 a.m. You should go home now,” my personal assistant, Yuvraj, said, concern lacing his voice.

“You go, I’ll be done in some time,” I replied, still focused on typing something on my laptop.

“Good night, sir,” Yuvraj said before leaving.

I finished typing the last sentence and leaned back in my chair, feeling the exhaustion wash over me. Closing my eyes, I tried to relax, but then something came to mind that jolted me awake. I quickly reached for my phone and opened it, scrolling to the photo my bodyguard had sent earlier today.

My Lili.

I had assigned my best men to watch over her for the past three years. They sent me pictures of her daily—where she went, what she did—because I couldn’t take any risks when it came to her safety.

I stared at her photo. She was entering her campus, another shot showed her eating lunch in the classroom. Today, she wore a yellow frock. Cute. Just so cute. So, so, so cute.

I couldn’t help but admire her picture, letting the memory of the first day I saw her flood my mind. I had never imagined I’d be so obsessed with a woman in my life. But here I was, completely consumed by thoughts of her, and the lengths I’d go to keep her safe and close.

Three Years Ago
📍:- Mumbai

“Dad, can’t you go?” I asked, trying to get out of the dinner my dad was insisting I attend. His tone on the phone was firm.

“I’m out of the city, don’t you know that?” he barked back.

“Dad, please, it’s annoying to go there. He’s your friend, not mine,” I protested, feeling the frustration build.

“It’s important for your career as well. He’s our business partner, and I want you to establish a good connection with them and their family. This is important for your future,” my dad explained, making me roll my eyes.

“Don’t roll your eyes. Go, it’s an order,” he said, leaving no room for argument.

“Fine,” I sighed, knowing there was no way to avoid it.

“And he has two daughters. Bring chocolates for them,” he added.

“Yeah, yeah,” I mumbled, putting my phone down on the desk. I hated these family gatherings—dinners with old people, the same boring business talk over and over. But I knew I had to go.

I stood up, washed my face in the bathroom, grabbed my car keys, and headed out. I wasn’t thrilled about this dinner, but I couldn’t go against my dad’s wishes, especially with how important this business partnership was. Somani was a close associate of my dad, and I knew how much this collaboration meant to both families.