09. Strict Husband

She is s flower,A flower that he will never break

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

One Month Later

K A R T I K

“I’m almost done,” I said to Yuvraj, glancing at the clock. It was 6:00 p.m., and I was eager to head home, but there was still some work left to finish.

I picked up the pace, working quickly. Within 15 minutes, I completed the task. I grabbed my car keys and headed out.

As I drove towards home, my thoughts were on my wife, eager to see her after a long day.

It’s been almost a month since we started living together as husband and wife, and it feels like heaven. Every morning, I wake up and see her. She makes breakfast and lunch for me, and it feels wonderful to be taken care of by her.

She’s settling in well at her college. She’s made friends, is keeping up with her studies, and seems genuinely happy. We share dinner together every night, and I make it a point not to miss a single day. Sometimes, I take her out, and she enjoys those moments too.

Life seems perfect, but there’s one thing missing—romance.

It’s something that’s badly lacking in our marriage. My Lili is still so nervous, anxious, and shy. Whenever I try to make a romantic gesture, she seems uncomfortable.

She is incredibly shy—more than I can even put into words. She gets visibly uncomfortable even when she sees a couple kissing, and I’ve been thinking deeply about how to help her feel more comfortable.

I really crave closeness with her, not in an intensely romantic way, but simple gestures like cuddling or giving her a gentle forehead kiss. I haven’t even kissed her forehead yet.

I understand that she needs time, and I want to respect that. Still, I need to find ways to help her feel at ease. So far, I’ve only kissed her hand a few times.

After all, a married life feels incomplete without some romance. I’ll do my best to help her feel at ease and to bring a little romance into our lives.

I arrived at our penthouse, unlocked the gate with the keys, and walked inside. I removed my shoes and settled onto the sofa.

"Lili, I’m home!" I called out, knowing she is usually in the kitchen. This time, she appeared with a glass of water in her hand.

I can’t quite explain how I feel when she brings me a glass of water after a long day at the office. It feels like a blessing. I never ask her to do this; she does it on her own, and it makes me incredibly happy.

I took the glass from her hand and said, “Thank you.” I always make sure to express my gratitude, as her gestures mean a lot to me.

“Let’s eat,” she said in her tiny voice. I nodded in agreement.