08. Gentleman

He is so tall and HANDSOME as hell

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

K A R T I K

The next day, I woke up at 6 a.m. It was my first morning with Lili in our penthouse. As I looked at her, I noticed how peacefully she slept, barely moving all night.

In contrast, I tend to move around a lot while sleeping, but last night, I tried my best to stay still so as not to disturb her.

After taking a shower, I dressed in my office clothes. I had some urgent work to attend to, and I wanted to finish it quickly so I could take Lili out for dinner later.

When I came out of the washroom, I noticed that Lili had woken up. "You should sleep more; it's just 7 a.m.," I said, glancing at her. She looked at me, and trust me, she was breathtaking with her messy hair and beautiful eyes.

Damn.

"Huh?" she mumbled, still groggy from sleep. I sat down on the bed, looking at her.

"Your college doesn't start for another week, so you don't have anything to do right now. I have an important call at the office and can't stay here, so you should sleep more," I said, gently brushing her hair back.

"Huh?" she repeated, and I couldn't help but find it kind of cute.

"I'm heading to the office. Call me if you need anything; I'll be back in more than 10 minutes," I said while putting on my coat.

"One more thing," I added, and she looked at me with those sleepy eyes.

"This is a safe place, but don't leave the property. You can roam around anywhere within the premises, but not outside the gate," I instructed her firmly. Since she's new here, I can't risk her getting lost.

"Do you understand me?" I asked.

"Huh?" she said once more. I smiled as I fixed my hair.

"Alright, I'll see you soon," I said, grabbing my car keys and heading out the door.

"Bye," I added before leaving.

A H V I

What does he even think of himself, huh? Acting all controlling like some movie character. But I'm not liking it.

MIND: Then tell him how you feel.

HEART: She can't even speak in front of him, hehehe.

MIND: That's true... Then why did you marry him?

HEART: She has a crush on him.

MIND: Ohhh, I get it now. Love is blind.

HEART: So blind she can't even get a word out in front of him-always stuttering.