06. Mr.Mrs Arora

Just Married Mr & Mrs Arora

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

K A R T I K

The priest declared, "Aaj se aap dono pati-patni hue," and in that moment, I felt like the richest man in the world. Today, my Lili has taken my name: "Ahvi Kartik Arora." I've married her. The only wish of my life has been fulfilled. She is no longer my fiancée or girlfriend; she is my wife-my lawful wife. And I am her husband.

I looked at her once more and still found her to be the most gorgeous woman. I will never forget this red lehenga for as long as I live. I will always remember her in this beautiful attire, as my wife.

"Chale," I said, holding her hand tightly, ready to take her to our home.

But I noticed she started crying. I hated seeing this. I knew it would happen; I had prepared myself for it, but I wasn't ready to see her cry so much. But it is her bidaai, after all.

I saw her younger sister, Esha, come over and hug her while crying. Her whole family gathered around, giving her space for family time. They tried to console her. For the first time, I saw Mr. Somani in tears. It was emotional for me as well. I knew how hard it was for him to see her leave.

Seeing her cry so deeply, I couldn't hold back my emotions. I approached her family and said, "Uncle, can we go now?" I knew that if we stayed any longer, she would cry even more.

A H V I

Mumma, Papa, I'm leaving them behind. It feels so painful, so heavy. Right now, I'm sitting in a car with my husband-my husband. Everything feels so different, so surreal. I can't hold back my sobs; they just keep coming.

I don't know what will happen from now on. How will his home be? His room? What if it's all black and white, with no color? Nooo, I can't live like that.

I was lost in my thoughts, crying and thinking about how my life was changing, when I suddenly noticed something. He took my hand in his and placed it gently in his lap. A shiver ran through me at his touch. He had never touched or held me before.

I know he's not the romantic type-he's a workaholic. His mom told me as much, and I've tried to understand and respect his space. But why is he holding my hand now? After a moment, he started caressing my hand, sending more shivers through me. The sensation was overwhelming, stirring emotions I wasn't prepared for.

Then after some time, he still didn't stop caressing my hand, and I began to feel uneasy-not because of his touch, but because my hand started sweating. I gently pulled my hand away, almost instinctively, feeling nervous as he looked at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, Lili," he said, his tone apologetic.

But wait... Lili?
Who is Lili?
Why is he calling me that?