Part 8

"Hey, you." I say awkwardly to Mar. On accident.

"What are you hiding from me?"

"Whaaaat? I'm not hiding anything."

"Spill the beans." She says smiling. "Did you get a bad grade for the first time?"

"No."

"How 'bout..." She gasps, "You drank alcohol didn't you! OH MY GOSH! YOU REBEL!"

"O.m.g no."

"Then that leaves me with four choices."

"And those are?"

"Robbery, drugs, or a BOY or a GIRL!" She squeals.

"Robbery? No. Drugs? They ruin lives. And Marlene...IM NOT GAY!" I playfully yell.

"Could be bi..."

"Marlene, shut up." I say with a straight face."

"Wait a second, I said boy or a girl. You totally skipped over the boy. OMG TRIS YOU LIKE A BOY!" She wipes fake tears off her cheeks. "My little girl is growing up."

"Marlene, I'm older than you by two months. So ha! And no I don't really like a boy, more like we're just friends now."

"Okayyy, so who is he?" She asks smiling from ear to ear.

"Promise you won't get mad."

"I PROMISE, JUST TELL ME ALREADY!"

"Four." I say.

"Three, two, one. Okay JUST TELL ME NOW!"

"I did."

"No, all you said was Fou..." She trails off. "Please leave." She says calmly.

"What?"

"I said leave."

"Marlene why are you doing this?" I ask.

"You know damn why I'm doing this. You know what he has done to our family, and for you to be friends with him is unbelievable." She says.

"Look, I'm sorry about what he did and all, but you have no right to tell me who my friends can be."

"Yeah well I may not have those rights, but I do have this right, Tris Prior you are no longer a part of my life. GET OUT OF MY HOUSE!" She yells that last part. She on the verge of crying, but I am already crying.

"Alright fine. But that's it huh? All our lives-" She cuts me off.

"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY HOUSE!" She screams and yells at me. I silently grab my things and head out the house. When I'm outside I see through her window shades that she's on the floor screaming and crying.

I feel like something is literally missing from inside me. Like a chunk of my heart is like missing. We have been through everything together, all we had was eachother. When her parents were having tough times in their marrige I took care of her. When my parents passed she didn't leave my house for about three months. My God. Relationships are like glass china, they're beautiful when you have them securely in your hands, but one wrong move can shatter them. That's what happened with me and Marlene.