Part 47

Tris's POV

"Dude! Turn on the news QUICK!"

We literally just got back from dinner. We had Mexican. It was so good.

"Okay, okay!" Tobias yells back at the phone, then hangs up.

"What was that about?" I ask.

"Zeke. He wants us to turn to the news channel." He says changing the channel.

A woman appears on the t.v. screen. Her face looks so airbrushed. How can your skin look airbrushed if you're doing a live stream? I guess makeup?

"Thirty minutes ago, nineteen year old commits suicide by noose." The lady speaks.

"Why are we watching this? This is depressing." I ask.

"Wait, that house...it looks familiar." Tobias says.

"Here are the police with more details." She says, smiling.

Why is she smiling?

The policeman takes off his cap and hold it to his chest, "Tonight we lost a life that I've know for my entire adult life. Someone who lit up a room when they entered. Tonight, we've lost one of our own."

I look over at Tobias and see him looking at the floor fiddling with his fingers.

And at the same time Tobias and the policeman on the screen say at the same time, "Al."

"Wait, w-what?" I ask. "Al's gone?"

I know, I know, the guy did try to force himself onto me, but I didn't want the guy to die. He was a nice guy who did a very stupid thing.

"I uh, I guess so." He says rubbing his face with his hands. I see his eyes brimming with tears. I walk to his matress and sit with him. Which then turns into me trying hug him. His ear to my chest. I rub his head while hugging him, because for some reason it feels pretty damn good when someone plays with your hair, "I don't even know why I'm crying." He says.

"Tobias, you lost someone important to you. That's why you're crying"

"But the thing is, is that I don't know if I should miss him," he pulls away from my chest, and looks me in the eyes, "Or hate him because of what he did to my girlfriend."

"If I were you, I would totally miss him. That wouldn't make you a bad boyfriend or anything. And besides, you did beat him up, so that's a plus on my behalf."

"Okay."

Knock knock knock

"I'll get it." I say getting up.

"Yeah." He says, his voice hoarse.

"Hey Zeke. Hey Chris." I say. Both of them look like they've been crying.

"Can we c-come in?" Chris sniffles.

"Yeah o-of course." I step to the side and open the door wider for them to come in.

"Thanks." She sniffles again.

Almost immediately Zeke and Tobias hug. A real hug. Not a bro hug.

Zeke sniffles, "No," sniffle, "homo."

"Yeah man."

They're so pathetic.

"Aww come here." I hold my arms open for Chris to fly to them, and she does. She sobs as she talks.

"I-I know you a-and A-Al weren't very c-close. O-or not at least not after w-what happen." She sobs as she continues, "But Al was a good guy, ya' know? Sure he sc-screwed up, but like he just did something extremely stupid."

"I know, I know."

I look over Chris' shoulder and see Zeke balling. Tobias has stopped crying, and is trying to get Zeke to do the same.

"It'll be okay man." Tobias says pulling away.

"Okay."

A/N

Sorry, just something quick.