Part 49

A/N

Hey so this chapter has a part with a lot of vulgar swearing. If you're easily offended, DO NOT READ IT! Trust me, you'll know what part.

Tobias' POV

Me and Scarlett are riding home in a very awkward silence, well until she breaks it.

"Do you regret it?" She asks.

"Scarlett, I have a girlfriend, and I cheated on her. I...I even told her that I loved her."

"Well Four, you kissed me. You must not love her as much as you think."

I turn my head to look at her in disbelief. "Don't you ever say that I don't love her. You don't have that right to say that."

"Then why'd you kiss me? And don't say that I kissed you, because you're the one who made the move." She says.

"Scarlett, I don't fucking know, okay? I just don't know." She huffs in response, then it goes quiet.

How could I do something like this to Tris? Why would I even kiss Scarlett? I know I don't like her that way. How will I explain this to Tris?

I won't. I can't tell her.

All I have to do is just act like everything's normal. That shouldn't be too hard, right?

"We're here." She deadpans. "Wait, Four."

"What?"

"I know we aren't on good terms right now, but can you still train me? I know that sounds insa-"

"I'll do it. Just for the fact that I wouldn't want you to end up factionless."

"Thanks."

I get out the car, and go to the room.

Tris' POV

"Hey Tris." Tobias says walking through the door.

"Hey," I say sitting up in bed. "You missed breakfast."

"Yeah, I'm really sorry about that. How'd it go?" He says plopping onto his bed.

"It's the day after Al's death. How do you think it went?" I say.

"I don't know. That's why I asked you."

"Well Chris and Will were silent, Zeke and Shauna were silent, Uriah, for once in his life, was silent."

"How 'bout Lynn?"

"Ah, see that's where it gets interesting." I say.

"Do tell."

"So the waiter came out with pancakes instead of waffles, and Lynn completely snapped."

"What'd she say?"

"And I quote, "What the fuck are these? DID I FUCKING ASK FOR SOME BROWN SHITTY PIECES OF FUCKING DOUGH?! WHAT DO YOU TAKE ME FOR?! A FOOL?! PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHAT MAKE OUR SOCIETY SUCK ASS! I WANTED SOME MOTHERFUCKING WAFFLES! IF YOU GET MY ORDER WRONG ONE MORE FUCKING TIME, I WILL SHOVE MY FOOT SO FAR UP YOUR UGLY ASS! GO! NOW!"

"Well it's good to see that Lynn's acting normal." He chuckles.

"So where'd you go?" I ask. He stiffens when I ask. Is he hiding something?

"Uh, just, out."

"But where specifically? Your pants are soaked."

"The...uh...pool. Yup, I went to the pool."

"Oh okay." I say turning my attention back to the tv screen.

I think we all know he's lying, and I intend to get to the bottom of it. I think I know how.