Part 17

I pop back up from talking to Four.

"If you'll excuse me." I start saying to Marcus. "I have to go check something." I say.

"Okay. Hurry back." He says.

"Yeah." After I say that I open the door, to walk in, and Four crawls in. I shut the door behind us.

"Success!" I say.

"Thanks."

"All I get is a pitiful little 'thanks'?" When I say this he neals on one knee, looks me in the eyes, and says:

"Oh my dearest Tris Goddess. Thank you ever so much, for opening the break room door. How ever can I repay you?"

"This is definitely what I was expecting, and a nice 20 bucks would be superb." I say smiling.

"15 dollars." He counters.

"18 bucks."

"16."

"17 dollars." I say.

"Deal." He says

"Well I'm gonna go back out."

"Bye."

Gosh, I cannot stand to even look at Marcus anymore. I can't believe I didn't put the puzzle pieces together sooner. I've been talking to a child abuser since Junior year. Gosh. I'm like really pissed.

I walk back out to the bar to attend to the freaking child abuser.

"Is everything well?" He asks. See? This is the type of behavior that makes it so hard to believe that he is a child abuser.

"Uh y-yeah, everythings cool." I say. Great, now I'm nervous. "Can I get you anything else?" I ask.

"Nah." He says in a raspy voice from drinking. "I'm going out of town."

"Oh, where?" I ask.

"California." He says. "For a business trip."

"I see. And for how long will you be gone." I ask.

"Three weeks." He says.

Good, at least Four, the butthole, will get a break.

"Oh that's cool. Well I guess you better be going then." I say.

"Yeah, just put it on the tab." He says.

"Yes sir."

"Alright well have a good day." I say.

"Goodbye Beatrice." And with that he walks out the door. I make sure his car is pulled away before I get Four.

I walk back to the break room.

"All clear." I say.

"Thank you so much Tris." He says.

"This changes nothing." I say. And it's true. Just because I helped him, doesn't mean I'm not pissed at him anymore.

[5 minutes until Tris' shift is over]

"Hey look who just walked through the door." Four says pointing.

"Oh hey, Christina." I say.

"Hey Tris!" She says sounding way to perky. "Four? When did you start working here?" She asks, clearly confused.

"Today. What are you doing here? You don't drink."

"Of course I don't, but me and Shauna, and Tris are going to the mall." She says.

"Really?" He says look at Christina, then at me.

"True stuff." I say.

"Okay then." He says.