For Better or Worse

140 AC. Kings Landing

Almost 8 Moons Untill The Birth

"Are you absolutely sure you wish to go through with this, my star?" Aemond had asked Ahsoka in the privacy of their chambers. It was a week after Ahsoka had gone and spoken with Hugh, Addam, and Alyn, and Aemond was still not a supporter of the idea to allow the Dragonseeds to claim their own mounts.

Ahsoka: I believe we are doing the right thing.
Aemond: But to allow these people to bond with dragons. They could turn against us. They could just steal a dragon and run to Jacaerys!
Ahsoka: Hugh can be trusted. I know that much, at least.
Aemond: How could you possibly know that?
Ahsoka: He won't betray us and leave his family behind. He will want to stay and defend them. He is a father, after all.
Aemond: And what of Corlys' bastards?
Ahsoka: Aemond...
Aemond: *sighs/rubs face* Just tell if you think they are trustworthy. Please?

Ahsoka takes a deep breath and begins to think of her response. Not wanting to start a fight with her husband right now. "I honestly can't say for sure." She replies truthfully. Aemond, in turn, takes a deep breath himself. But unlike Ahsoka, he did not take a moment to think of his response. "They could turn their dragons on us at any moment, Ahsoka! I *chuckles in frustration/whispers* How could you be so foolish?" Oh, alright mother fucker. Ahsoka thinks to herself before speaking.

Ahsoka: Who's being foolish, Aemond?
Aemond: Oh, do not roll your neck at me, woman. You are allowing danger to befall upon our family in our very home.
Ahsoka: *scoffs*
Aemond: Your bastard brother has called these people to garrison against us, and you openly give them the means to fight? Telling them they're free to go if they choose?
Ahsoka: I am extending my hand to them in hopes they are wise enough to take it. And do not call Jace a bastard.
Aemond: Is he not Strong?
Ahsoka: STOP SAYING THAT! *huffs* I will not allow you to call Jace or Luke bastards any longer. Do you understand that is what has gotten us here! To this war? My brothers openly mocked for their appearance to which they could not control much less I could control my own! Our children!
Aemond: Our children are pure blooded. Their features were always known even before they were a thought in our minds. White hair. Violet eyes.
Ahsoka: Aemond, you do not see!
Aemond: *widens arms* SEE WHAT AHSOKA? TELL ME! *heavy breathing* What am I so ignorant to wife? Hm?

Ahsoka turns and takes a few steps to move away from him coming to a stop at the fourth step. Again, she takes a deep breath before planning her next sentence carefully. "Everyone chose to hate." She said to her. Then, she turned around to meet his gaze.

Ahsoka: Everyone chose to hate each other. Thus dividing the crown for over thirty years... I am tired of fighting Aemond. Aren't you tired? I am done fighting. I am done making enemies. At least with the offer I am giving them, there is a chance that they will fight with us. Don't you understand if we do nothing they will indeed just go to Jacaerys. This war started all those years ago the night of Laenas funeral. And we need to do this the right way. So we can finally end this fighting.

She says to him before leaving the room. That was hours ago. And right now. Aemond, Aegon, Daemon, and Jaehaerys are flying to Dragonstone to confront Jacaerys. The closer he got, the more Aemonds' anger just grew. The fire burning within him surged through Vhagar.