(XLIX)

🎧 Killin' Me Good ★ Jihyo

After hanging out with Gunil, and getting help from him for something that's been bothering him for quite some time, he decided that it would be easier to take the bus. Once again, it was comfortable, some light rain ran down the windows of the bus. That was what Hyeongjun was watching, to have time pass as fast as possible.

The lump that was previously in his throat came back. This time he wasn't able to make it go away. He just wanted the bus to arrive as fast as possible. Crying in public would be complete embarrassment in his eyes.

Luckily for him, it wasn't as long as he thought it was. From the station to his house, it was only a short 3 minute walk. One that he could do without bursting out in tears.

The second he closed the door behind him tears starting running down his face. He went to the living room. He thought he would be alone, but Seungmin was on the couch watching one of the shows he always watched. Most of the time he would watch with him, laugh along and discuss it, highlighting some funny moments.

Seungmin was immediately concerned for him. He quickly stood up, neither him nor Hyeongjun were fans of physical contact, but this was something he knew he needed. He wrapped his arms around his upper body, in a warm embrace that could somewhat calm him.

Seungmin moved his head a bit to See Hyeongjun's face. He cupped his face and wiped some tears. A blush was forming on his face, his could be both of them. And that was exactly how it was, they were both blushing, a rather deep shade of red.

"You don't have to tell me anything" Seungmin whispered in his ear, it was the truth, sure, he might've wanted some clarification, but it wasn't a need. Chills went down Hyeongjun's spine when hearing his voice.

The things he was feelings was making him more frustrated. It was the exact reason as to why he was crying. It wasn't out of sadness or anger, but pure frustration. Frustration because he realised that he could never truly have a straight highschool relationship. Even if they don't last very long, the ones he had were led on because of misreading the signs. What he thought was love— well it was actually much less stronger than love— was actually just platonic relations.

"I'm sorry." Hyeongjun muttered, he didn't feel like he was ready to explain everything that just happened.  Seungmin just ran his fingers through his hair, then rubbed his back.

Hyeongjun was pulled closer once again by Seungmin. They were starting to blush again, the former felt that tears were stopping from flowing from his eyes. That didn't mean that he stopped feeling an immense wave of regret around any guy that he'd been around for the past few weeks. Well, actually even months, ever since the new school year, there had been way too many changes for the guitarist's liking.

He didn't mind it much usually, but there was too much now. New friends, a roommate and more importantly a new part of him that he could've never even imagined ages ago all happened in a matter of three months.

"Don't worry, I'm your friend, I'm here for your highs and lows. Heck, even if you go crazy, I'll go crazy with you." Seungmin slowly broke away from the embrace, and made him sit on the couch, next to him.

The tiniest of smiles was on his face, he looked at Seungmin in admiration, he never knew that he was able to say something so reassuring.

"Crazy together..?" Hyeongjun got out, his voice sounded rather weak, it was only normal after over twenty minutes of crying. His statement was half assured half a bit of a question. He was hoping that Seungmin would be okay with what he said.

"Yeah" He smiled at him, butterflies filled the older boy's stomach. Just hearing something like that come out of his mouth made him so happy. Hyeongjun was happy that he didn't reject what he had said, it was something that had worried him a bit. He just hated asking things like these.

-----

-Jude out!

17.07.24