(LI)

🎧 Mine ★ Ive

The November air was rather chilly, a mixture between rain and snow was falling from the sky. Luckily for Seungmin and Hyeongjun they had an umbrella. As always, the former was nearest to the road on the sidewalk. It's what he always do, to protect his friend.

They had two days of vacation left before going back to school. They were going out for a short walk, just for fun, and to chat. There wasn't a lot of talking though, there was more of a silence. One that wasn't uncomfortable at all though.

Hyeongjun took the umbrella from Seungmin. His heart started fluttering when their fingers slightly touched. He liked it, even loved it. Obviously, they had way more physical contact at times, but even the slightly contact would always make him go crazy.

"What are you gonna do about Mai?" Seungmin suddenly asked, he realised that Hyeongjun was still dating a girl; when he wasn't even interested in them. Hyeongjun thought for a couple of seconds. He wasn't sure yet though, he thought that keeping Mai would make people automatically assume that he was straight. Seeing how much bullying and mean remarks Seungmin and the rest had gotten, he wasn't ready to come out to his school. He was barely alright with being able to accept himself.

"I'm gonna tell her the truth," He started, he looked at the floor. He hadn't fully formed the plan in his head yet. "Depending on how she feels, either I stay with her or I'm on my.. own." Seungmin felt his heart sink when saying those final words. He needed Mai as a sort of shield. He really wasn't ready at all for all the bullying. The older boy bit his lip, looking at the boy. He understood why he wanted to be with Mai, but it hurt him a lot.

"When?" Seungmin asked, a tiny part of him hoped that she wouldn't want to be with him. Even if he knew it was bad, he wanted to be with Hyeongjun, he knew he needed time though.

Hyeongjun didn't say anything yet, he just looked at the floor. Seungmin took the younger boy's phone from the pocket of his coat and made him turn it on. He was confused, but did as he was asked.

"R-right now?" Hyeongjun asked, sounding a bit too surprised. The older boy nodded, and watched him search for his girlfriend's phone number. "I can't do this Seungmin." He looked like he was on the brink of tears. He was in distress, but he knew that it would relieve him once he told her.

She answered the phone, her voice sounded so cheerful as she greeted him. He felt his heart drop, he was about to break her heart. He really didn't want to do that, but he had to be happy as well.

"Can you come over?" Once she said yes, he gave her the street name. He didn't want to say it over the phone. It would be even more painful. Seungmin searched for a bench they could sit on, while they waited for her to arrive. He pulled over the younger boy and made him sit down before him.

A couple of minutes passed, Hyeongjun bit his lips, he was visibly nervous. Seungmin took his hand and held it. He realised that he probably shouldn't be her for the conversation they were about to have.

"If you want to talk about it just the both of you I can leave." He suggested to him. The younger hesitated for a couple of seconds, he felt like he needed him. "It's up to Mai." He finally got out. Seungmin nodded, he hoped that he would be able to stay, not only to support his friend, but to admire him as well.

"Everything will go well, don't worry" Seungmin rested his head on his shoulder, and squeezed his hand lightly. Hyeongjun nodded, he was taking rather deep inspirations.

His heart was beating faster than usual, he knew it was because he was scared to see her reaction.

-----

A/n

A bit sloppy but hope you enjoy!

-Jude out!

17.07.24