chapter 78: endless regret

Chase's pov:

As I adjust my tie in the hallway mirror Vincent orders us all to the reserved limo. "Everyone ready?" He asks earning the majority of us nodding, all apart from one. "What's rule number one?" He reinstates. "We're ready." We all chant in unison with bored expressions. As we get in I spot Nat's eyes glued to her phone.

She's been locked in her room for the past week too.

Nat only came down for dinner and when she did, her phone was brought with her. Amor gets in last and as the chauffeur exits the property, she texts away. Nat sits the furthest away from us as possible. Amusement bouncing around her pupils. "What are you doing?" Vincent's deep voice echoes throughout the vehicle as Nat takes a snap to her friend.

"Natasha." He repeats after she doesn't look up.

I can't blame the guy for asking. After all the migraines, stress and anxiety that has overrun his senses from the past week, Vincent Morales was officially worn out. He pulled all nighters for majority of the week and when he did sleep, it was only for a couple of  hours or so.

If that's what it takes to be a powerful Don, I don't want it.

Some people like Vincent strive for perfection and being the best, but in all honesty I don't see myself fit for those standards. Sure I like getting the job done but I am in no way shape or form ready to lead an underground operation the size of what he's doing. That takes balls that I for sure don't have.

I quite enjoy my role of Head of Militia and Weaponry Checks.

I take my job very seriously too. I have to admit these past few weeks have been nothing but difficult with all the British threats flying above our heads and not to mention being unable to communicate with my very own sister at that matter. We don't talk to her and she doesn't talk to us.

The house has never been more in silent in over a decade.

I tune back in and it looks like they're all pinpointing her. "I still don't understand what was so wrong with last year's design." Leo comments on her different style of dress. "I wanted a new look per say." She replies without looking up off her screen. Don't get me wrong, I love current dress but there was something so magical about the old one.

I think it was safe to say that we all wanted her to wear the previous one just so we could be reminded of how life once was.

Leo nods and my gaze flicks to Xander. He sits there staring off into the distance as his phone is probably dead. Typical Xander stuff. Adrien nudges my shoulder. "They sent another text about tonight." My older brother states just so I can only hear. "What did it say?" I query.

"I'll be looking forward to our conversation." The dumb British Donna types.

"Fucking cunt." I utter as Adrien tucks away the phone in his pocket and straightens out his pristine suit. "Don't get riled up too much. We still need to confront them later on." He reminds me. The British have moved up the date a week prior to the original plan for some odd reason.

Whatever it was, it must've been urgent for such a close call to the deadline.

They also requested that after 15 minutes, they would like to quote on quote 'Reveal their identity.' For starters we already know it's a female from London by her accent and that she visited us not so long ago. That means she has to be over 18 to fly out to us and she has guns.