chapter 90: cries and crackers

Vincent's pov:

"Here Mr.Morales." My secretary hands me a series of files as soon as I exit the elevator. "These are?" My tone laced with boredom knowing that this is another day full of shit and that I can't go home to see my favourite person. "Natasha Clark's March Assessment." She waists no time to respond. I thank her and sit down at my desk.

Some may say April 1st is a day full of pranks and tricks, but I see it as another reminder that I can't see my sister.

Flashback:

"MOM! WHY IS MY HAIR BLUE?" Xander bursts out of the shower with nothing but a towel on and shampoo still stuck in his aquatic-coloured hair. I don't hesitate to hold back a chuckle when Xander's usual dark hair is tinted the same colour as the ocean. Most of us are sitting in the living room watching Suits when the angry 6 year old barges in.

Xavier and Nat burst out giggling at a frantic Xander.

As a sixteen year old lad, instead of doing homework I was snuck into business lectures hosted by different professors to amp up my skill level. It was my lucky day that father wanted me to take a day off and I got to stay at home. "Did you two do this?" Our mom arches a brow and points a finger at the two kids doubling over laughter.

"Apologise to your brother right now."

They both mischievously glance at each other before walking towards Xander. "We're sorry Xand." Nat and Xavier confess in unison, you were considered stupid if you thought that they'd actually meant it. They hug and Xavier guides his twin to sit on a chair with a blanket draped over it. Chase glances at me with a slight smirk knowing what's going to happen next.

All within a split second, my youngest brother sits down and a loud fart erupts underneath him.

Xander immediately stands up as we all point fingers and laugh at him. My princess is on the floor rolling over in laughter whilst Xavier crouches down as he tries to contain his excitement. I love this family and this day. It brings out the best in us knowing that when the night comes, we all still love each other no matter what.

Nothing was ever going to change that.

End of Flashback:

I couldn't have been more wrong. Sixteen year old me would've punched 27 year old me if he found out how I'm treating Nat. I wouldn't hold it against him, she looks worse than ever. After school the other day, she went to a store called Sephora I'm pretty sure and bought loads of makeup using her Secret Santa gift cards from Leo.

Each morning I see her with darker lashes and concealed skin.

The Nat I used to know, wouldn't pile on that many chemicals on her face. Now she wouldn't even bat an eye if I questioned her. My eyes fall on the folder in front of me. I open the first page and I squint, thinking that my eyes deceive me. All C's and D's? What the actual fuck?

What the hell happened to my star pupil?

When she first came back last year, her grades were perfect. All A's and nothing less. It's as of her whole world flipped upside down because I would've never expected this, not by a long shot. I called her in earlier last month because I noticed a B, but C's and D's? Now that was too far. To be fair, her life did change drastically during the past few weeks.